Turn on thread page Beta

Becoming a midwife watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Im thinking about becoming a midwife and currently working full time, i obviously would have to give my job up, anyone else studying to be a midwife , wanting help with how much money i would get is i have a mortgage , Im 34 and wanting to get it done asap so could someone help and advice me
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by lucymegan11)
    Hi

Im thinking about becoming a midwife and currently working full time, i obviously would have to give my job up, anyone else studying to be a midwife , wanting help with how much money i would get is i have a mortgage , Im 34 and wanting to get it done asap so could someone help and advice me
    Hi Lucymegan11,

You can receive full SFE funding for a Midwifery course. This includes, a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL), Maintenance Loan (ML), Disabled Students Allowance (DSA, if applicable) and supplementary grants (childcare grant, parents learning allowance). Here is an overview of the different funding available.

The maintenance loan is a loan to help you with living costs, if you have a look at the student finance calculator which will give you an idea of how much you could receive.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.