Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's a good cream for eczema? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've tried E45 but it doesn't help. Sudocrem is good makes itchiness go away but it's not for eczema and don't want to continue using it every day. Any help is much appreciated.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s817)
    I've tried E45 but it doesn't help. Sudocrem is good makes itchiness go away but it's not for eczema and don't want to continue using it every day. Any help is much appreciated.
    Dream cream from Lush!

ReputationRep:
    Try cetraben or double base both i find work really well

I sometimes use hydrocortisone but I went to the doctors and got prescribed some other cream for it which works well

ReputationRep:
    Get a prescription from your doctor. They work better than most of the useless trash they sell you at supermarkets and chemists.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by s817)
    Might be worth seeing your GP for some advice on managing it. I was given steroid cream to use when mine flares up which works well for me, but your GP will be better suited to know what to try with you and your eczema.
    You might also like to try things like not using soap products. Bubble baths and things can irritate eczema. You can also get more plain products (like E45 ones) for that kind of thing.

As far as some general soothing/ moisturising creams go I've found cocoa butter good. You can also try various things like aqueous cream, E45 or really any moisturiser. I would try more plain and natural ones because artificial ingredients can be irritating.

But yeah I think GP could be a good place to start.

Btw I'm going to pop this thread into the Health section.

ReputationRep:
    Try Betnovate Cream prescribed by the doctor. Oilatum is another good alternative.Avoid using thick rich creams and opt for more hydrating creams which the skins absorbs easily without leaving any sticky residue. If your sky is dry and itchy - baby oil after a shower whilst the skin is still damp really helps! And then apply a cream little while after

ReputationRep:
    Aveeno is good

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.