Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any help on this letter I have sent about work I used to do. Dear sir.
    ********** I am writing to you to complain about the way south holland distinct council have treated me over the last few years.*** I was a self employed sub contractor to csu for over 2 years full time and then Terry Mc donnell started working for csu.* After 3 months I was called into the office and told that I was no longer needed as a sub contractor with the csu and they gave me 2 weeks working* notice which seamed very strange to me as being sub contractor for the csu there was no notice needed. Since then I have found out that means I had been permantley employed as a subby to you I should have been entitled to holiday pay as I never quoted on jobs and you supplied all materials that I needed for jobs so this is classed as employed.** Then at the meeting I was told that they didn't want to lose me as I was a good worker and that they would take me on through the agency straight away.* I had not got allot of choice in the matter as being single with a family to support and* been working for csu permantley for over 2 years I had no customers to get work off as I had devoted myself to the csu all the time. So I dispanded my buisness and went on the agency.** This again seamed very strange to me that I no longer had work for j.doughty maintenance services but* there was work for me on the agency.** I feel like I was treated in a unprofessional manner and I have been advised by the citizens advice that I have a very good case and I was treated wrong.** After a year I was taken on full time by the csu* and then* I was told I was going to be made redundant and that I had to re apply for my job . After a long stressfull process I was interviewed and got a* position as multi skilled operative.** .* I then after a few months ended up with stress through work as being told all the time go their ,do that, do this by a fowl mouthed Scottish man* graham putting me under so much stress and not accepting no as an answer or I'm very busy..* I ended up going off work* with stress* and while I was off* I feel I was treated very unfairly.*** I kept receiving letters from Terry* telling me I wasn't keeping in touch with work enough and that I'd be getting a warning if I didn't do so.** This was very stressfull again and to keep getting letters like this was more stressfull.** Then I received a letter telling me that I was being investigated about to much use of a* company phone over November* and December as I was off with stress and talking to people is a very good way of dealing with stress and that's why I was using the phone.** I then decided that I didn't feel like I could no longer work for the csu as it had caused me so much stress over the last few years.* So I handed in my notice straight away as I had got a sick note for another 2 weeks off my doctor but was not allowed to use this as time off my* notice period.*** Then when I was told I only had 5 days holiday owed me I was not happy as I was owed more and that I had holidays booked on the computer system but I was off work sick. And they had been taken off me* I'm concerned that there has been other days holiday done the same way.** .***
    I feel very disappointed and stressed out over the last few years and feel like I have been treated very unfairly and I'm considering taking legal advice on all of this and the writing to the national papers about the way I have been treated.*** I await your response to this email before I take this any further.*
    ************** Yours faithfully.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.