Turn on thread page Beta

Friends celebrated Galentines without me watch

Two of my best friends are in long distance relationships so won't see their boyfriends today for valentines day. One of them was texting me last week and was saying the three of us should go out for food and celebrate valentines day together (i'm single so won't have a valentine either), I agreed it was a great idea. Also the rest of our friends are in relationships so wouldn't be invited because they'll be with their partners.

Nothing was mentioned about it again so I just assumed they changed their minds and were snowed under with work or something. Then I just went on snapchat and they both did stories together of them out for food with captions about them being each other's valentine. Fair enough if for whatever reason they didn't want me there, but why both post it on snapchat where they'll know I see.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened where they're quite snakey so I sometimes think f*ck them they're not real friends. But then they'll suddenly act all chummy towards me and invite me places without me messaging first or anything ie they'll go out of their way.

I don't really get it. They do it to other people as well sometimes. I don't understand why people exclude their friends like this? Do they want to be seen as closer friends? I don't even care about valentines that much it's more the principle. Plus the fact that I'm single so I obviously have no plans, not even anyone long distance to message. Also a bit embarrassing because my ex has both of them on snapchat so probably will have seen they haven't invited me.

they don't sound like real friends to me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.