Turn on thread page Beta

Hate being single Valentines day watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hate it... seeing all cheesy posts on facebook, I get that I get more freedom single and get more time to do what I enjoy, but I hate it.

ReputationRep:
    That's life
    Move on
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Owz5)
    Hate it... seeing all cheesy posts on facebook, I get that I get more freedom single and get more time to do what I enjoy, but I hate it.
    Its not that deep

ReputationRep:
    Just spend the money you'd spend on a significant other on yourself. Buy a family member something nice. Bring some "romance" into a friendship.

Or you can sit in and sulk I guess.

(Original post by Owz5)
    Awh I send my sympathy :cube:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owz5)
    Me as well it feels bit sad but hopefully there ll be a time in life when we ll be cheering it up.

ReputationRep:
    So you don't mind being single every other day of the year? Suck it up for **** sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamGwynn)
    Just spend the money you'd spend on a significant other on yourself. Buy a family member something nice. Bring some "romance" into a friendship.

Or you can sit in and sulk I guess.
    Spending money on myself would be good, kinda fancy a new guitar for myself, seen a nice one not too expensive

ReputationRep:
    at least you are not going to catch any STDs....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owz5)
    Spending money on myself would be good, kinda fancy a new guitar for myself, seen a nice one not too expensive
    Go for it. Be your own Valentine!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why do you hate it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Don't hate it. All I've gotten all day is contradictions of what she wants, like always, even though I said I don't celebrate valentines day. It can be so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    Why do you hate it?
    Think I just hate being single. I'd like a relationship but dunno where to meet people.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Owz5)
    Think I just hate being single. I'd like a relationship but dunno where to meet people.
    Try to enjoy your own company more. People can always come and go out of your life. If you want to meet new people you can do so anywhere. Just go out and approach

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the problem people have, there is nothing different about today than any other day except marketing.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Try to enjoy your own company more. People can always come and go out of your life. If you want to meet new people you can do so anywhere. Just go out and approach
    Thanks that's good advice, I will started going back to the gym last night, loved it. Think I'll enjoy myself a lot more if I just keep going, have fun and start playing guitars again
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    I don't understand the problem people have, there is nothing different about today than any other day except marketing.
    This day reminds some people that they are lonely. That can be frightening for some individuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    Just hate that it's all in your face today lol. Usually people are normal with it, but today so many are all in your face with it

ReputationRep:
    This day reminds some people that they are lonely. That can be frightening for some individuals.
    I'm not sure if I'm frightened, just see all happy couples over facebook or whatever, and a bit jealous. But yeah, should just concentrate on myself and my hobbies and treat myself instead of focusing on that

Thanks for your advice
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Owz5)
    I'm not sure if I'm frightened, just see all happy couples over facebook or whatever, and a bit jealous. But yeah, should just concentrate on myself and my hobbies and treat myself instead of focusing on that

Thanks for your advice
    No worries man. When the time comes you’ll find the person that’s right for you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.