The Student Room Group

Hate being single Valentines day

Hate it... seeing all cheesy posts on facebook, I get that I get more freedom single and get more time to do what I enjoy, but I hate it.

Scroll to see replies

That's life
Move on
Original post by Owz5
Hate it... seeing all cheesy posts on facebook, I get that I get more freedom single and get more time to do what I enjoy, but I hate it.

Its not that deep
Reply 3
Just spend the money you'd spend on a significant other on yourself. Buy a family member something nice. Bring some "romance" into a friendship.

Or you can sit in and sulk I guess. :wink:
Original post by Owz5

Awh I send my sympathy :cube:
Original post by Owz5

Me as well it feels bit sad but hopefully there ll be a time in life when we ll be cheering it up.
So you don't mind being single every other day of the year? Suck it up for **** sake.
Original post by SamGwynn
Just spend the money you'd spend on a significant other on yourself. Buy a family member something nice. Bring some "romance" into a friendship.

Or you can sit in and sulk I guess. :wink:

Spending money on myself would be good, kinda fancy a new guitar for myself, seen a nice one not too expensive
at least you are not going to catch any STDs....
Reply 9
Original post by Owz5
Spending money on myself would be good, kinda fancy a new guitar for myself, seen a nice one not too expensive

Go for it. Be your own Valentine!
Don't hate it. All I've gotten all day is contradictions of what she wants, like always, even though I said I don't celebrate valentines day. It can be so annoying.
Think I just hate being single. I'd like a relationship but dunno where to meet people.
Reply 12
I don't understand the problem people have, there is nothing different about today than any other day except marketing.
Thanks :smile: that's good advice, I will :smile: started going back to the gym last night, loved it. Think I'll enjoy myself a lot more if I just keep going, have fun and start playing guitars again :smile:
Original post by Bio 7
I don't understand the problem people have, there is nothing different about today than any other day except marketing.

Just hate that it's all in your face today lol. Usually people are normal with it, but today so many are all in your face with it
I'm not sure if I'm frightened, just see all happy couples over facebook or whatever, and a bit jealous. But yeah, should just concentrate on myself and my hobbies and treat myself instead of focusing on that :smile:

Thanks for your advice :smile:
Original post by Owz5
Think I just hate being single. I'd like a relationship but dunno where to meet people.

Trust me, a relationship is never going to be the solution to your life's problems! Be confident in yourself and go out and make good friends! (clubs (the dancing kind and the 'Book Club' kind), colleges, at work etc)
Make love to yourself.
Eat ice-cream.
Watch a film.
Buy some expensive wine.
Pamper yourself.

Bang, enjoyable VD.
Thank you all for your advice and for being supportive everyone :smile:
I stay off social media on Valentines Day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending