Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've done a presentation on a topic that i've previously used in a different assignment. The topic isn't exactly the same, for example, i've mentioned the virus that I used in the previous assignment, but for this presentation i've talked more about the disease aspect and the content is very different from the assignment that I did. However, I have used 2 or 3 sources that I used in my previous assignment for the presentation. I was wondering if this would count as plagiarism? I'm unsure as to whether you can use the same topic but from different areas within the context..
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Mayalowe)
    I've done a presentation on a topic that i've previously used in a different assignment. The topic isn't exactly the same, for example, i've mentioned the virus that I used in the previous assignment, but for this presentation i've talked more about the disease aspect and the content is very different from the assignment that I did. However, I have used 2 or 3 sources that I used in my previous assignment for the presentation. I was wondering if this would count as plagiarism? I'm unsure as to whether you can use the same topic but from different areas within the context..
    To cover yourself check with your tutor and explain the situation. They may also have an office that deals with plagiarism. there is an offence called self plagiarism. It sounds like you are just using partly the same topic, but all new material or aspects. It is much more sensible to take advice rather than being caught out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.