Turn on thread page Beta

What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Me mam. She put it on for us so she could go to the bingo.

Was Toy Story? I only watched them as an adult, and found them very fun. I don't know what it is with people and their hard labels.
    To be fair my dad let 9 year old me watch Final Destination 2 as, i quote "there's nothing else on you might as well watch this". Still traumatized by the bit where the guy gets his hand stuck in the sink, not nearly as traumatized by Willy Wonka though haha

ReputationRep:
    I don't recall being particularly affected by any kid's film. I can't remember that many kid's films that I've seen, though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For me, it was Watership Down, which in retrospect I don't really think is a children's film, terrified me as a kid. My sister loved it though, so she watched it all the time...

I think Coraline is pretty borderline in being considered a kids film - it's definitely pretty dark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Was Toy Story? I only watched them as an adult, and found them very fun. I don't know what it is with people and their hard labels.
    I would be prepared to bet everything I own that Toy Story is more of a children's film than Jeepers Creepers any day of the week, to be quite honest.

I could be wrong, though. Perhaps there was a range of Jeepers Creepers-themed children's merchandise, and I just never heard about it.

ReputationRep:
    The chokey in Matilda :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Coraline

ReputationRep:
    Aladdin, who disturbs my slumber

ReputationRep:
    The Grinch-his first appearance

Ms Trumball running up to matilda to put her in the spiked coffin.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Most of Coraline. I wanted to leave the cinema but my dad forced me to stay.

ReputationRep:
    Matilda, for sure.
    Miss Trunchbull. The Chokey.
    Need I say more?

Also, when she made Bruce eat all that chocolate cake. Gosh, I felt so sorry for him! Poor thing. I think I was more mentally traumatised than he was. Bless me. Bless him.

ReputationRep:
    The scene in the wild wood in The Wind in the Willows absolutely terrified me as a 3-5 year old, grown past that now. The scene from Toy Story 2 where Andy throws woody in the garbage in Woody's nightmare I also found incredibly disturbing as a child.

One thing that terrified me and still does is the Pingu episode where Pingu runs away from home. Still can't watch it now, it's both sad and horrifying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.