Does BBC Bitesize cover the whole curriculum for AQA Maths GCSE?

Watch
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does the AQA section of BBC Bitesize GCSE maths cover the whole curriculum? Is it worth using as the main revision source for the 2018 exams in May/June?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Purdy7)
Does the AQA section of BBC Bitesize GCSE maths cover the whole curriculum? Is it worth using as the main revision source for the 2018 exams in May/June?
I wouldnt and think you should use a CGP or other suitable guide that will be more extensive.

Compare the spec v whats on bitesize.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/mathematics/gcse
Purdy7
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply, I have 11 guides including CGP, Pearson and many of them are NOT written to learn, but are in shorthand versions. They are for students still in the school system who have years to work out what they mean, and to be honest most are total rubbish -thus as a mature student I find them impossible to use.

Thus I repeat my original question, which I will check myself - does the BBC Bitesize cover the whole curriculum.
Squaglefish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bump.
I'm wondering exactly the same thing, although I'm taking maths and english language exams 2019 so I have a little longer.
Squaglefish
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...rimary_content
here's a thread from a year ago, with more replies
Purdy7
Rep:
?
I think I will use the Bitesize as a introduction and then move over to the CGP, as that isn't good when one is new to the subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads