Turn on thread page Beta

I cried in front of teacher and classmates!😢 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virja)
    I was prepared for my speech but I couldn't deliver it (stage fear) and then I went back to my bench and started crying even the teacher was rude. If you see someone cry please do not laugh or just keep talking about them.. i think I'm way too sensitive.. or maybe its just others who think if you can't give a presentation you're already done with your life. Is it really true that you can't do anything if you can't give a presentation?
    I am the same so I asked my teacher if me and a few of my friends could do it after school

ReputationRep:
    rip fam

ReputationRep:
    r u pu55y

ReputationRep:
    Ah brings me back my year 7 days where I had to give LOADS of presentations but luckily it was mostly in groups because if I had to give a presentation on my own I would have **** my pants! The way everyone looks at you when giving a presentation....is creepy.

ReputationRep:
    aww did your classmates feel sorry for you though? I once cried in class when I was a kid but got so much love and attention for it so it ended up being ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yungaheartz)
    aww did your classmates feel sorry for you though? I once cried in class when I was a kid but got so much love and attention for it so it ended up being ok.
    Nope! As I'm an introvert I have only one friend. She was into her mobile the whole time. 😅
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virja)
    Nope! As I'm an introvert I have only one friend. She was into her mobile the whole time. 😅
    aww *gives virtual hug*

ReputationRep:
    I once nearly cried when I told my manager that I messed up operating a cash register so that the customer ended up getting something that costed something like £1.50 for free, even though they didn't seem at all angry with me and were telling me I'd done that right thing by explaining to them what had happened because by having done that they'd know why money was accounted for in that till that wasn't there or something like that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Virja)
    .. i think I'm way too sensitive
    Really? I understand if you are a girl and you were feeling emotional but are you a guy? Sorry cuz but you need to man up and face situations the right way and tears wont help. Sorry if that sounds harsh but Im just giving my own input

ReputationRep:
    welcome to the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virja)
    .. i think I'm way too sensitive
    Hey, you're not way too sensitive or anything like that, okay? I just want you to get that straight. Teachers can sometimes be stuck up and rude and btw if ur teacher is rude I'd go and tell them to stop being rude I.e my teacher is always like ur either intelligent or ur not intelligence comes naturally and I was straight upfront teaching comes naturally some people can teach and others can't. The people who'd try to teach and think they're brilliant are often the ones who don't have a clue about how to teach. I think she got it😂 About the nerves let me just tell u my sister has been through this all and I've seen a change in her and that change is called belief. I'm never confident when I go on stage or when I give an assembly, I pretend to be confident. Let me just tell u that all those people who u might wish to be like are shaking from inside when they get up but damn they just know how to cover up, like me. All I think when I get up is that all the people in that room are humans like me. I'm not inferior to them. Their opinion and judgement doesn't mean anything. If you're confident and give a good presentation and do ur best they'll think it went fab and won't remember u they'll be normal about it but if you shake and cry and let urself down they'll notice u and chat about u. Some students are idiots anyway but they can't put u down when you've done well. About this episode where you've cried, its irreversible. BUT U SHOULDNT BE ASHAMED! When u go to school tomorrow go with ur head held up high and be proud of yourself because u tried. Everything, every event in life has a purpose and is a learning process. I stammered and messed up when I gave my first presentation but instead of feeling dumb about it I learnt from it. Believe in urself and trust me you are capable of achieving anything in life

ReputationRep:
    Are you a girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Are you a girl?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virja)
    Yes
    That explains it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    That explains it
    👍 ok
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    People generally get stage fright because they're scared of - not what other people think of them - but what they think of themselves while giving the presentation. It's a mental case of simply going '**** it' and giving it your all. Apply this mentality to your life (of course, not to the extent of living a life of hedonism or anything) and concentrate on an apathetic mental state that can help you overcome your fears of public speaking. If you even so much as ponder on "i wonder what my hair looks like", "i wonder if they can see me shaking", then you're going to fail. Look down upon your peers, view them as inferiors and nothing can get to you.

ReputationRep:
    Listen to Bodak Yellow before your next presentation. It's gonna give you confidence.

ReputationRep:
    i've done that three times now...

ReputationRep:
    Im really sorry to hear about this incident, Virja. People can only make judgements based on what you have done. But do you actually think those evaluations could determine your future?. Dont let their mocking get into you. Those people do not know what you will be tomorrow! Even if you have stage fright now, there are solutions to resolve it.

Once I had an elocution and I had to recite this poem on television. My heart was in my throat. No matter whatever i thought, my heart was so frantic! I realize, your situation was more immense than mine. Half of the time I was anxious whether I'll mess up. As a result, I did not deliver it good. The next year, I did another poem. But this time, I thought i would practice with a genuine interest as the poem was sort of a story. With more practices, I soon found myself in the story rather than being outside and rather being anxious if Im saying it right or wrong. Like someone said above, the stares are creepy, indeed! In the end, it was good.

What i understood from my experience was this: While delivering speech or presentation, its better to be immersed in that subject or topic rather than being anxious about it. Practicing infront of the mirror helped me to a certain limit. It is possible to convert anxious thoughts to funny ones if you are giving some fun,interesting facts on the topic. Sometimes, I smell my favourite fragrance so that my mind is relaxed.

Having said all that, hehe Im still an introvert. Im trying to break out from my shell bit by bit...
    I found this link beneficial.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesc.../#332acb8d4843

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.