Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm creating this thread in light of the recent threads of others asking for guidance on whether or not to pursue media in University.

I wanted to ask firstly about my two current choices, at the University of Salford for Film Studies, and Film Production. Film Production is the main course I want to go for, although there is an interview next month for a place on the course, and I'm wondering if any others have had experience with these interviews, and what I should expect in preparation for the interview.

In addition to this, I've seen many threads about whether or not it is worth studying Film or Film Production. I wanted to ask whether Film Studies or Film Production could lead onto anything after the course, as I understand the Industry is hard to break into, and whether or not if I don't get into Film Production, whether taking my second choice in Film Studies would be worth it.

I'm deeply interested in Film, Its a hobby of mine, and I am deeply passionate about Editing, Post production and Cinematography, which is why I want to take up the Film Production course as it incorporates areas that I'm interested in.

I wanted some guidance and some outside opinions on the direction I'm going, as I really want to go to University to study something I am interested in and also enjoy in my spare time. As a side note, both of these courses are taught at BBC Media City in Salford, which I think personally is great, as it could lead to hands on experience and more insight to industry standards in these areas?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.