Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have no energy watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I am an A level student who has to wake up at 4 30 in the morning everyday (I sleep at 8 30 or 9 pm) to go to school and then return home at 4 30 in the evening. My day is filled with walking around the school from class to class and then carrying out certain responsibilities I have mid-lessons amd after school. This obviously takes up a lot of my energy, so much so that when I get back home I have no energy to do any homework or studying at all.

I do not understand what should I do to have the strength and the motivation to study when I get back home but not burnout?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narjoyvt)
    So I am an A level student who has to wake up at 4 30 in the morning everyday to go to school and then return home at 4 30 in the evening. My day is filled with walking around the school from class to class and then carrying out certain responsibilities I have mid-lessons amd after school. This obviously takes up a lot of my energy, so much so that when I get back home I have no energy to do any homework or studying at all.

I do not understand what should I do to have the strength and the motivation to study when I get back home but not burnout?
    Why on earth do you have to wake up at 4:30? If you take an hour to get up and go that's still about 3 hours before most schools start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    Why on earth do you have to wake up at 4:30? If you take an hour to get up and go that's still about 3 hours before most schools start.
    My family has to share a bathroom because we live in an apartment so it takes 45 minutes to get ready, we leave at 5 15 for a 45 minute car ride to school. I get there at about 6. I can't arrive any later because my parents drop me and they have to get to work too.

So yeah, fun times

ReputationRep:
    My family has to share a bathroom because we live in an apartment so it takes 45 minutes to get ready, we leave at 5 15 for a 45 minute car ride to school. I get there at about 6. I can't arrive any later because my parents drop me and they have to get to work too.

So yeah, fun times
    Having a shower and brushing your teeth really doesn't have to take more than 5 minutes per person. Why can't you get a bus or a train to school? If both of your parents are working and they can afford to run a car then they can afford to pay for travel fares for you. Waking up that early is ridiculous, so is getting to school more than 2 hours before everyone else. No wonder you have no energy.

ReputationRep:
    So I am an A level student who has to wake up at 4 30 in the morning everyday (I sleep at 8 30 or 9 pm) to go to school and then return home at 4 30 in the evening. My day is filled with walking around the school from class to class and then carrying out certain responsibilities I have mid-lessons amd after school. This obviously takes up a lot of my energy, so much so that when I get back home I have no energy to do any homework or studying at all.

I get up at 5 AM every day, and have to walk about 3 miles to get to school and back. I sometimes get pretty tired. I find just having a nap when I get back will restore a lot of energy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    I get up at 5 AM every day, and have to walk about 3 miles to get to school and back. I sometimes get pretty tired. I find just having a nap when I get back will restore a lot of energy.
    You're an incredibly slow walker or you waste an extremely large amount of time in the morning. If you get up at 5 and take an hour to get up and leave (which is pretty standard), 3 miles should only take you an hour or a little more at an average walking speed of 3 mph. I'm sure your school doesn't start at 7am.

ReputationRep:
    What about those two hours before school starts? What's going on then?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    1) 3 people take shower and brush teeth = 30 minutes (10 minutes per person). The other 2 people prepare breakfast in that time. Eating breakfast=10 minutes. 5 minutes to get ready. Thats the 45 minutes.
    2) I used to take the bus but the services were just way too overpriced and i would have to leave even earlier for the bus and still manage to get to school late.
    3) We dont have trains here.
    You're really not helping yourselves. Brushing your teeth should take 2 minutes and you can easily shower in 3 minutes, I've just halved that time for you. What bus takes over 3 hours to get somewhere (as you said you'd have to leave earlier)?

Your parents should be putting your health and wellbeing over however overpriced they think the bus is. Expecting their children to wake up at 4:30 and have productive days is insane and I don't know anyone else who would think otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    You're a slow walker then. If you get up at 5 and take an hour to get up and leave (which is pretty standard), 3 miles should only take you an hour or a little more at an average walking speed of 3 mph. I'm sure your school doesn't start at 7am.
    You don't know me bud, you're in no position to judge my walking speed. On the contrary I'm actually a very fast walker. I walk 1.5 miles TO school, but take a 40(ish) minute bus ride in addition to walking, which brings my total journey time to school to around 70-80 minutes, depending on traffic. I get to school at 7:20-7:30 to do about 40 minutes of work before tutor. All out of my own choice. So don't judge me by knowing only how long it takes me to walk, which is only part of my journey.

ReputationRep:
    Study when you get to school at 6 in the morning? Run through flash cards in the car? Have post it notes up in your bathroom mirror? Do homework over lunch? Shower in an evening? ALevels are supposed to be the hardest and most intense time of your life! It’s not supposed to be easy!

ReputationRep:
    You don't know me bud, you're in no position to judge my walking speed. On the contrary I'm actually a very fast walker. I walk 1.5 miles TO school, and then I take a 40(ish) minute bus ride in addition to walking, which brings my total journey time to school to around 70-80 minutes, depending on traffic. I get to school at 7:20-7:30 to do about 40 minutes of work before tutor. All out of choice. So don't judge me by knowing only how long it takes me to walk, which is only part of my journey.
    They judged based on what you wrote, don't get crappy for not giving all that information first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bio 7)
    They judged based on what you wrote, don't get crappy for not giving all that information first.
    What I wrote was with regards to what time I get up, and how much energy I therefore have, not the travel to school itself. The OP is talking about how much energy they have, not how far they travel to school or the circumstances in which they do so. I don't have to give "all that information first" as that wasn't what the OP was on about.

ReputationRep:
    You're really not helping yourselves. Brushing your teeth should take 2 minutes and you can easily shower in 3 minutes, I've just halved that time for you. What bus takes over 3 hours to get somewhere (as you said you'd have to leave earlier)?

Your parents should be putting your health and wellbeing over however overpriced they think the bus is. Expecting their children to wake up at 4:30 and have productive days is insane and I don't know anyone else who would think otherwise.
    You really dont have anything useful to say here do you. Its not like I am trying hard to negatively affect myself and neither are my parents. Our school has 5 buses that cover almost 3 cities that are quite large. It does take the bus 2 and a half hours for my bus to collect everyone and take us to school. School starts at 7 am over here. My parents are doing everything they can to help me with this and im just looking for ways to make things even easier. I am not interested in you studying the details of what my morning routine is as if we are wasting time in the morning doing nothing. We work as quickly as we can so we can get some more sleep in. Im just looking for tips to conserve or gain energy.

ReputationRep:
    What I wrote was with regards to what time I get up, and how much energy I therefore have, not the travel to school itself. The OP is talking about how much energy they have, not how far they travel to school or the circumstances in which they do so. I don't have to give "all that information first" as that wasn't what the OP was on about.
    I know but your reply to their other reply seemed more annoyed than needed. I think this exchange was actually irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    You really dont have anything useful to say here do you. Its not like I am trying hard to negatively affect myself and neither are my parents. Our school has 5 buses that cover almost 3 cities that are quite large. It does take the bus 2 and a half hours for my bus to collect everyone and take us to school. School starts at 7 am over here. My parents are doing everything they can to help me with this and im just looking for ways to make things even easier. I am not interested in you studying the details of what my morning routine is as if we are wasting time in the morning doing nothing. We work as quickly as we can so we can get some more sleep in. Im just looking for tips to conserve or gain energy.
    You moan that you have no energy, I correctly point out that it's all down to you waking up at stupid o'clock and you won't take that as the reason. You can't gain or conserve energy in the ways you want; we're biological beings, not battery-powered robots. Teachers don't wake up that early or they'd be too tired to teach effectively, just like you're too tired to work and learn effectively.

Your parents should have moved (and still could) closer to your school when you started there, getting up 5 days a week at that time is barbaric and I'm extremely surprised that you and your parents continue this madness by burying your heads in the sand just because it's routine, rather than try to think of another solution that would benefit everyone. If this has been going on for a few years I'm surprised your teachers haven't raised this with your parents; you're there to learn productively, not to be tired all day every day.

do you go to school in a different city or something, why the heck do you need to wake so early??

Somthing like pro plus or red bull may help or perhaps ( this works for me) a iron rich breakfast this will increase your red blood cell count and therefore you will get more oxygen in to your blood stream so you will feel more awake. It has the added bonus of finding it easier to breath at higher altitudes. If you are a skier I don’t have to tell you how important that is . Here is what I usally have.

Half a bowl of cereal ( any cereal will do’ mixed with half a bowl of all bran that is then followed by 2 or 3 slices of black pudding that should set you up for the day the other option is iron tablets but my option tastes better.

ReputationRep:
    When you arrive early, use that time wisely

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.