Turn on thread page Beta

What social stigma does society need to get over? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    "all that they can" isn't really very positive; the "can" can be very low.
    I didnt mean it in a negative way or to bring them down, I meant that they can achieve the goals that they set

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like we shouldn't judge others based on what they can and can't do
    Definitely. Just the way the OP phrased it seemed contradictory. What they want and what they can are very different and with MH the want may never be achieved because it's not a can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    I didnt mean it in a negative way or to bring them down, I meant that they can achieve the goals that they set
    I know what you meant and what I'm saying is often they can't achieve those goals.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Definitely. Just the way the OP phrased it seemed contradictory. What they want and what they can are very different and with MH the want may never be achieved because it's not a can.
    Apologies if my post did come across as if it was 'contradicting' to anyone

(Original post by erratic_deus)
    But it is a social stigma everyone has!
    Even black people think so!

Check out this video of a black girl getting her hair done (her hair is beautiful) but the comments aren't.

Just black women saying she isn't black because she has nice hair!

https://www.facebook.com/thebraidup/...4545708265128/
    Good evidence to back up your point. I saw the video, she's pretty, I especially like the first style, and... yeah I don't know where people got the idea that she isn't black...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.