Traore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
"Trioses: (e.g. glyceraldehydes), intermediates in respiration and photosynthesis.

Tetroses: rare.

Pentoses: (e.g. ribose, ribulose), used in the synthesis of nucleic acids (RNA and DNA), co-enzymes (NAD, NADP, FAD) and ATP.

Hexoses: (e.g. glucose, fructose), used as a source of energy in respiration and as building blocks for larger molecules.

All but one carbon atom have an alcohol (OH) group attached. The remaining carbon atom has an aldehyde or ketone group attached."
Draconid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Check your exam boards specification, from their website; this information is something that's good to know and helps build a deeper understanding on other things.
Traore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Draconid)
Check your exam boards specification, from their website; this information is something that's good to know and helps build a deeper understanding on other things.
I just checked AQA's specification.. it seems really vague and doesn't mentin much about ANY topic - I can't imagine that the specification is just what we need to learn.
Draconid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Traore)
I just checked AQA's specification.. it seems really vague and doesn't mentin much about ANY topic - I can't imagine that the specification is just what we need to learn.
The specification just tells you what you could be tested on, if its not mentioned then you won't be asked about it. I'm doing OCR myself so I have no idea if you need to know it. It's best to ask your teacher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads