Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any tips on staying happy. I’m in year 11 and I am doing my GCSEs this year so I would really appreciate some tips on how to stay relaxed and positive.

Thank-you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Sure. I'll give this a shot!

Firstly, remember your GCSEs really aren't everything. It's probably the scariest thing you've approached in your life so far, but once you're past them, they'll seem tiny!
    You should take some comfort in how much time you'll have due to study leave around your GCSEs. By then, the summer will have arrived, and you'll be happier anyway, being able to enjoy and relax in the sun.
    Don't forget about caring for yourself! Eat healthily, stay hydrated, and do exercise. I promise you'll feel much happier if you keep yourself healthy.
    Finds studying method that suits you, keeping you happy and relaxed. Try the pomodoro technique; google it and you'll get loads of information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thizzumri)
    Sure. I'll give this a shot!

Firstly, remember your GCSEs really aren't everything. It's probably the scariest thing you've approached in your life so far, but once you're past them, they'll seem tiny!
    You should take some comfort in how much time you'll have due to study leave around your GCSEs. By then, the summer will have arrived, and you'll be happier anyway, being able to enjoy and relax in the sun.
    Don't forget about caring for yourself! Eat healthily, stay hydrated, and do exercise. I promise you'll feel much happier if you keep yourself healthy.
    Finds studying method that suits you, keeping you happy and relaxed. Try the pomodoro technique; google it and you'll get loads of information.
    Thank-you so much! That’s really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Make a whatsapp groupchat called 'Friday Night Movie Night' and once a month get together with those friends and do an all-or-half-nighter of movies, with different themes each time. Wear PJ's, order pizza and enjoy
    Also, (I wish I had started this earlier) Go jogging for first of all about 10 mins every second day and then build up for longer, by the time you get to prom, you'll be lookin' great in your outfit. It also gives you an opportunity to just think about anything, and get some fresh air.
    Another small thing, which may seem dull, do some pen research. Go to WH smiths or Rymans, and pick out two different pens, use one until it is finished then start the second one, buy a third and keep going until you have tested about 10 pens. Make notes about their pos/negs, and when it comes to exams, you will have hopefully found your perfect pen. Sounds naff, I know, but it really can make a difference in an exam if you feel comfortable writing with the pen you are using.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerbread10000)
    Make a whatsapp groupchat called 'Friday Night Movie Night' and once a month get together with those friends and do an all-or-half-nighter of movies, with different themes each time. Wear PJ's, order pizza and enjoy
    Also, (I wish I had started this earlier) Go jogging for first of all about 10 mins every second day and then build up for longer, by the time you get to prom, you'll be lookin' great in your outfit. It also gives you an opportunity to just think about anything, and get some fresh air.
    Another small thing, which may seem dull, do some pen research. Go to WH smiths or Rymans, and pick out two different pens, use one until it is finished then start the second one, buy a third and keep going until you have tested about 10 pens. Make notes about their pos/negs, and when it comes to exams, you will have hopefully found your perfect pen. Sounds naff, I know, but it really can make a difference in an exam if you feel comfortable writing with the pen you are using.
    Thank-you so much! I shall definitely try some of those ideas

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2018
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.