Turn on thread page Beta

Divergent movies watch

ReputationRep:
    Anybody read the divergents? And have you heard about the last movie?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanaa6787)
    Anybody read the divergents? And have you heard about the last movie?
    I've not read the books but I've struggled through the films, the series is the epitome of blad generic cash grabs and I'm happy the last movie fell through- hopefully between that happening and the conclusion of the Hunger Games and Maze Runner series we can put the era of YA dystopian mediocrity behind us and move onto some new trend that's actually interesting.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    books were amazing, first film was decent but then the rest of them just fell through. it's a shame, as the acting was really good imo but the writing/story dropped in quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    books were amazing, first film was decent but then the rest of them just fell through. it's a shame, as the acting was really good imo but the writing/story dropped in quality.
    Exactly what i think. The actors had such potential but they strayed from the story too especially the last one. I loved the books. Btw have u heard of the sequel 5 years after tris’ death?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Exactly what i think. The actors had such potential but they strayed from the story too especially the last one. I loved the books. Btw have u heard of the sequel 5 years after tris’ death?
    oh man, another book? idk if i could read it, i loved fourtris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    oh man, another book? idk if i could read it, i loved fourtris
    I didnt read it either. To get a copy you had to preorder her other book carve the mark 😐. The book is 30 pages long. I read some reviews and everyone was fuming because she made four get with christina 😠. Im actually happy i didnt read it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didnt read it either. To get a copy you had to preorder her other book carve the mark 😐. The book is 30 pages long. I read some reviews and everyone was fuming because she made four get with christina 😠. Im actually happy i didnt read it
    oh god, i don't wanna imagine that.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I always imagines the books were much superior to the film. Out of the three sets of films these were the worst. The first film was all about jumping....

The last film tanked, which made it hard for the producers to move forward with it.

They announced a TV movie and then its going to be a TV series.

I just have the feeling the films could have been really good and it was more to d with direction and screenplay that made it rubbish not the actors.

Woodley has turned it down, so imo the TV series may never see the light of day and could just vanish.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...ndant-tv-movie

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdow...ergentshdn.htm

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the films are better or the books??

ReputationRep:
    I have Carve the Mark and that epilogue set 5 years after is in it... it's interesting..
    The books absolutely made my early teens, my best friend and I ADORED them and were so excited to watch the films.
    Looking back on it though, I love the books still and the first film but I HATE the way the fandom is now broken and dead because of the film franchise basically dying.

ReputationRep:
    Hunger games
    Maze runner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxox_helena)
    Does anyone know if the films are better or the books??
    The books are definitely better

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.