Turn on thread page Beta

Your Opinion on Cultural Appropriation watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    You know racism continues to exist because of people like you, right? People that just won't let the past go. One generation raises children that know and acknowledge racism, then they pass that on to the next and racism continues to exist. If we were just to raise a nation of children that don't know what racism is or have any notion of why people of different ethnicities would be treated differently, racism would be dead and buried once and for all. Racism will always exist if people keep talking about it.
    This has got to be one of the silliest paragraphs i've ever read. i assume your an adult. Don't you see that racism is created and redefined for every generation. It's created when people of one race cause harm to someone of another race. A white man is robbed by a black man so all blacks become potential robbers. A black is passed over for a promotion and the position is given to a white man so the whole company is called racist. it will always be with us because it's so easy to create and identifying it and telling others why is the only way to combat it's effects. Not talking about it is the worst approach. I know the current crop of liberal snowflakes believes this is the best way to tackle an unpleasant idea but this will soon change.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    Hey hey hey!
    I've never name-called on this thread
    That's fine. If you haven't done anything wrong then there won't be any issues, I'm just advising people report anything they think is bad behaviour (be that name calling or anything else) so the mods can look at it. Being reported in itself is nothing to worry about (I've even accidentally reported my own posts before), it just tells the mods there's a post they should look at. If they don't see a problem that's fine.
    It's just better if people know to report things rather than trying to mediate everything themselves cos that could lead to more incidents like name calling. I'm not siding with anybody.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erratic_deus)
    So are you claiming that institutional racism doesn't exist and thrive today in England?

*Gets out evidence*
    Where did I say that? The way you twist what people say to fit your vendetta is wild.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Where did I say that? The way you twist what people say to fit your vendetta is wild.
    I wouldn’t bother with her, she doesn’t listen to reason and logic.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question?

If black people can't be racist, why is the slur 'coolie' used by some people of Caribbean descent when referring to someone who is of Asian descent?
    Is this not racist? Is this not proof that black people can be racist? What about the word 'paki'? Can black people really not be racist? What about the word 'cracker'?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kindred)
    That's fine. If you haven't done anything wrong then there won't be any issues, I'm just advising people report anything they think is bad behaviour (be that name calling or anything else) so the mods can look at it. Being reported in itself is nothing to worry about (I've even accidentally reported my own posts before), it just tells the mods there's a post they should look at. If they don't see a problem that's fine.
    It's just better if people know to report things rather than trying to mediate everything themselves cos that could lead to more incidents like name calling. I'm not siding with anybody.
    She admitted several times on this Forum to report users, like myself and others, for imaginary reasons such as racism, etc. That is pretty unaccetable behaviour tbh, to abuse the report button for no reason.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    Can’t argue with stupid people. They’ll bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

Spoiler:
    Show

Inb4 “I’m not stupid. I go to Cambridge, Elon Musk is my cousin and I have a job interview with God in 3 weeks”....stfu:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Night King)
    She admitted several times on this Forum to report users, like myself and others, for imaginary reasons such as racism, etc. That is pretty unaccetable behaviour tbh, to abuse the report button for no reason.
    Agreed. I’ve even had a comment deleted, yet all of her only whites can be racist remain.

ReputationRep:
    Can’t argue with stupid people. They’ll bring you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

Spoiler:
    Show

Inb4 “I’m not stupid. I go to Cambridge, Elon Musk is my cousin and I have a job interview with God in 3 weeks”....stfu:rofl:

At least erratic_deus made this an entertaining thread to watch lol, the funniest on TSR I've seen in a while :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by k.n.h.)
    At least erratic_deus made this an entertaining thread to watch :lol:
    Yeah I’ll give her that. Granted, I’m sure it wasn’t even intentional :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I’ll give her that. Granted, I’m sure it wasn’t even intentional :laugh:
    Yep, I highly doubt it was intentional

ReputationRep:
    Tiger Woods shouldnt be allowed anywhere near a golf course; a complete hood rat

'Mo' Farah is not British; an absolute fraud.

Kele Okereke looks a knob playing a guitar, as did Hendrix

Why are thugs like Anthony Joshua given mainstream airtime. Its a black minority interest yet he is on the couch with Graham Norton despite being yet another black vacuous chav.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.