Turn on thread page Beta

DO you feel like you're wasting your life? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys feel like you're not fulfilling yoru dreams and livinng life to the fullest? This is targetted more towards young people ( 16 - 30) but if you're older do you have any regrets?

Also I've been working since 15 and I've done 9 to 5 jobs and it's just so mind numbing almost like a waste of time except that waste of time makes me money. Im doing the same thing for 8 ****ing hours with no mental stimulation, intellectual discourse. It's worse than school... I dont want to have to do that for the rest of my life. What are alternative choices? What can i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherchica)
    Do you guys feel like you're not fulfilling yoru dreams and livinng life to the fullest? This is targetted more towards young people ( 16 - 30) but if you're older do you have any regrets?

Also I've been working since 15 and I've done 9 to 5 jobs and it's just so mind numbing almost like a waste of time except that waste of time makes me money. Im doing the same thing for 8 ****ing hours with no mental stimulation, intellectual discourse. It's worse than school... I dont want to have to do that for the rest of my life. What are alternative choices? What can i do?
    I wonder what the point of finding and having a job is when there's nothing worth working for.

But philosophy aside, have you considered getting back into education to try your hand at something else? It's never too late to do that. You could do a college course with an advanced learners loan, or you could do a degree, or an apprenticeship whenever.

Search around - see what takes your fancy. You're a free agent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    I wonder what the point of finding and having a job is when there's nothing worth working for.

But philosophy aside, have you considered getting back into education to try your hand at something else? It's never too late to do that. You could do a college course with an advanced learners loan, or you could do a degree, or an apprenticeship whenever.

Search around - see what takes your fancy. You're a free agent.
    lol im in college too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherchica)
    lol im in college too
    Change course?

ReputationRep:
    At this precise moment? Yes. And it's all TSR's fault.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve felt like this too. I used to work 35 hours a week, 9-5, and I used to just feel really annoyed and fed up at the end of the day, especially in summer when I realise ‘I completely missed it on doing things in the amazing weather to put up with customers’ crap’.

It made me miss education as at least you’re with likeminded people who want to learn.

I think what you need to do is think about what you actually want. It’s too easy to fall into the trap of just working retail/office jobs that you hate because of the money. The restlessness and annoyance actually pushed me to apply to volunteer in Africa for 2 months, so I would say that your feelings are pushing you to make a change of some sort.

Yes
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No, not at all.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.