The Student Room Group

Top American Unis 2019 entry

Hello reader,
I’m Nathan and I’m thinking about applying to American unis e.g Ivy League and other top American unis for computer science. I know it’s early on but I thought the earlier the better right?? Anyway feel free to introduce yourself and what you would like to study or where you would like to apply to. Here’s a general template...

GCSES ?

Predicted A levels

SAT scores

Extracurricular

Interests and hobbies

I’ll start off
GCSEs : 9A*s 1 A + A additional maths
Predicted a levels: haven’t received them just yet we get them in June I think in my school . Hopefully 2A*s 2As.
SAT : haven’t taken them yet but aiming for 1540+
Extracurricular: Sponsered by BP and currently working in a team to build a transit vibration monitoring system. I’m leading the programming of the system. My mentor, a imperial graduate in mech eng said system was very impressive and was similar to something his friend did during their second year in imperial. National cipher challenge. Top 1% in the world wide >10000 competitors for part b challenges . Joint first for part a challenges. Run cipher club helping year 7s get into ciphering and coding. Was invited to attend Bletchley park as part of the NCC and attended a lecture from Simon Singh. Planning a computer science related volunteering project in Uganda, helping students get online and learn how to code. Other generic volunteering like soup kitchen and food banks. First team rugby and was part of schools athletics team that got to regionals. Musical scholar and have achieved grade 8 piano, and working towards my diploma. Been taught by Nikki Iles ,royal academy of music professor and attended several prestigious piano masterclasses. Hope to enter bbc young jazz musician. Going to play at exclusive event at Exeter college oxford in March :smile:

Hobbies and interests I like writing in my free time, poems and short stories. May enter a few poem comps if I have time. Like to write code. Currently working on an AI and developing a program based on machine learning. Like to go to the gym as well if I have time... never skip leg day 😂
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by NATHan w
Hello reader,
I’m Nathan and I’m thinking about applying to American unis e.g Ivy League and other top American unis for computer science. I know it’s early on but I thought the earlier the better right?? Anyway feel free to introduce yourself and what you would like to study or where you would like to apply to. Here’s a general template...

GCSES ?

Predicted A levels

SAT scores

Extracurricular

Interests and hobbies

I’ll start off
GCSEs : 9A*s 1 A + A additional maths
Predicted a levels: haven’t received them just yet we get them in June I think in my school . Hopefully 2A*s 2As.
SAT : haven’t taken them yet but aiming for 1540+
Extracurricular: Sponsered by BP and currently working in a team to build a transit vibration monitoring system. I’m leading the programming of the system. My mentor, a imperial graduate in mech eng said system was very impressive and was similar to something his friend did during their second year in imperial. National cipher challenge. Top 1% in the world wide >10000 competitors for part b challenges . Joint first for part a challenges. Run cipher club helping year 7s get into ciphering and coding. Was invited to attend Bletchley park as part of the NCC and attended a lecture from Simon Singh. Planning a computer science related volunteering project in Uganda, helping students get online and learn how to code. Other generic volunteering like soup kitchen and food banks. First team rugby and was part of schools athletics team that got to regionals. Musical scholar and have achieved grade 8 piano, and working towards my diploma. Been taught by Nikki Iles ,royal academy of music professor and attended several prestigious piano masterclasses. Hope to enter bbc young jazz musician. Going to play at exclusive event at Exeter college oxford in March :smile:

Hobbies and interests I like writing in my free time, poems and short stories. May enter a few poem comps if I have time. Like to write code. Currently working on an AI and developing a program based on machine learning. Like to go to the gym as well if I have time... never skip leg day 😂

I literally can’t find anyone applying this year. How’s your application going
Reply 3
Original post by Snonflake
I literally can’t find anyone applying this year. How’s your application going

Hey there,
I didn’t apply in the end due the huge stress of juggling both ucas and the American unis. Plus I’m applying to oxbridge so there’s was no way where I could fit applying to oxbridge + ivy + other unis all at the same time. Anyways good luck if your applying!
Hey there,
I didn’t apply in the end due the huge stress of juggling both ucas and the American unis. Plus I’m applying to oxbridge so there’s was no way where I could fit applying to oxbridge + ivy + other unis all at the same time. Anyways good luck if your applying!

Ahh that’s a shame man. well I’m done with ucas now haven’t really started my American app but I’m waiting on my sat score to come back and then I’ll decide wether it’s worth me still applying. Just did my tsa today so I’m hoping I’ll have enough time before jan1
Reply 5
Ahh that’s a shame man. well I’m done with ucas now haven’t really started my American app but I’m waiting on my sat score to come back and then I’ll decide wether it’s worth me still applying. Just did my tsa today so I’m hoping I’ll have enough time before jan1

Ahh fair enough how was your tsa? I had the PAT which was quite hard
Ahh fair enough how was your tsa? I had the PAT which was quite hard

It’s was alright I guess, but I feel like you just never know with these exams. Yeah I heard the pat was really hard from my friend who did it. Good luck tho!!
Reply 7
It’s was alright I guess, but I feel like you just never know with these exams. Yeah I heard the pat was really hard from my friend who did it. Good luck tho!!

Thanks you too!

Quick Reply

Latest