Turn on thread page Beta

Spring week programmes question..... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Random question, but hoping people could help.

If you are attending a Spring Programme as a first year undergraduate for any type of financial organisation, please could you let me know whether you receive any pay (and if so what) or whether you have your accommodation and travel covered for you?

Many thanks

J-SP
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by J-SP)

If you are attending a Spring Programme as a first year undergraduate for any type of financial organisation, please could you let me know whether you receive any pay (and if so what) or whether you have your accommodation and travel covered for you?

Many thanks

J-SP
    Varies.

Some programmes pay (Goldman ~£400 a week, Barclays, Nomura's women's program), others cover expenses completely (hotel, travel etc paid for - JPM's expense policy is fantastic) and others reimburse.

The firm I'll be at reimburses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Varies.

Some programmes pay (Goldman ~£400 a week, Barclays, Nomura's women's program), others cover expenses completely (hotel, travel etc paid for - JPM's expense policy is fantastic) and others reimburse.

The firm I'll be at reimburses.
    So you are responsible for booking accommodation (if you needed it) and the firm reimburses?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by J-SP)
    So you are responsible for booking accommodation (if you needed it) and the firm reimburses?
    I believe so, since we have to provide proof of purchase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I believe so, since we have to provide proof of purchase.
    (Original post by J-SP)
    For certain larger expenses involving flights or hotels, you will be given an online platform and/or a telephone number for their external travel agency involved with booking notable expenses eg transport, flights, hotels. So you don’t incur any direct expense.

If you’re just getting a refund for a travelcard, most likely you’ll be expected to claim that back later.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by J-SP)

Many thanks

J-SP
    Firm dependent but most common is for accomodation and usually travel to be either arranged or reimbursed. Pay is less common.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.