Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know how to tone up and look great in less than a week? All replies and advice will be very much appreciated!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Georgia Brown)
    Hi, does anyone know how to tone up and look great in less than a week? All replies and advice will be very much appreciated!
    Impossible in a week.

Read the FAQ and get realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    Impossible in a week.

Read the FAQ and get realistic.
    Do you have any good tips and advice for me, as I'm trying to get toned up so that I don't feel self-conscious when I am getting changed in front of other people for PE? I have a healthy diet and I don't eat sugary foods any more, so I'm really not sure what I need to do to surpass my self-consciousness.

All replies will be very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any good tips and advice for me, as I'm trying to get toned up so that I don't feel self-conscious when I am getting changed in front of other people for PE? I have a healthy diet and I don't eat sugary foods any more, so I'm really not sure what I need to do to surpass my self-consciousness.

All replies will be very much appreciated
    take steroids if you're desperate , but there's no point caring what other people think of your body , they're all chumps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    take steroids if you're desperate , but there's no point caring what other people think of your body , they're all chumps
    Thanks. However, I am not going to opt for the steroids option. I would like to get toned up in a natural way. But hey, thanks for your advice. If it was you trying to tone up, how would you do it?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. However, I am not going to opt for the steroids option. I would like to get toned up in a natural way. But hey, thanks for your advice. If it was you trying to tone up, how would you do it?
    does your school/college have a gym you could go to , i would spend maybe atleast an hour a day going there

if you can't afford/don't wanna go to the gym , make sure u get enough sleep and get up early and go outside for a run

it's good you're cutting down on sugar and will help u out alot , what are your typical meal in a day ?

ReputationRep:
    does your school/college have a gym you could go to , i would spend maybe atleast an hour a day going there

if you can't afford/don't wanna go to the gym , make sure u get enough sleep and get up early and go outside for a run

it's good you're cutting down on sugar and will help u out alot , what are your typical meal in a day ?
    I would love to be able to go to the gym,but I don't have time because I have to study. However, I go running for an hour with my dog every night.

I have a piece of fruit or half a piece of shredded wheat for breakfast. Then I have a sandwich and a piece of fruit for lunch. My final meal is usually pasta or salad.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Try healthy eating, protein shakes, exercises and that. But Im sorry to burst your bubble, but you cannot get toned after a week, its like saying saying Trump can imprve his hairstyle, but we wont see that happening anytime soon

ReputationRep:
    I would love to be able to go to the gym,but I don't have time because I have to study. However, I go running for an hour with my dog every night.

I have a piece of fruit or half a piece of shredded wheat for breakfast. Then I have a sandwich and a piece of fruit for lunch. My final meal is usually pasta or salad.
    i would recommended trying peanut butter and maybe having some dairy products like milk yogurt and cheese , but not too much

ik you might be busy with study obligations which is fine , maybe go for 2 hours during the weekend instead of school week if u can

ReputationRep:
    Jogging is a good idea, maybe get a friend that lives nearby or one of your family members to go with you every second day, I usually go with my dad every second evening(cos it's dark, less people will see you:hide:). If you want an alternative to running, try this machine: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrasport-...s+for+exercise
    Which is a bit expensive, but I'm sure there are similar ones out there for less money, and step whilst you watch tv for 30 mins-hour every day. The stepper has a lot of resistance, so you do use almost as much energy than when running. Also, try to drink more water, about 1500ml a day would help you tone up quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Try healthy eating, protein shakes, exercises and that. But Im sorry to burst your bubble, but you cannot get toned after a week, its like saying saying Trump can imprve his hairstyle, but we wont see that happening anytime soon
    You have a good sense of humour and a kind heart. I really appreciate your help...I will try doing what you said and hopefully it will work.

As soon as I notice some results, I will let you know...you're a star. I don't think you realise how happy you have made me!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You have a good sense of humour and a kind heart. I really appreciate your help...I will try doing what you said and hopefully it will work.

As soon as I notice some results, I will let you know...you're a star. I don't think you realise how happy you have made me!
    Erm thanks, I think?
    You only started speaking to me today and the comments I said were common sense tbh, you could of just searched it up and you would of got the answers. But good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everyone that works in the fitness industry hates hearing the word "tone". It's very vague and doesn't really state any aims.
    What you should be aiming for is a performance target. Being able to run further or faster, do that yoga pose, carry your dad etc. all more realistic targets than being "toned".

ReputationRep:
    Erm thanks, I think?
    You only started speaking to me today and the comments I said were common sense tbh, you could of just searched it up and you would of got the answers. But good luck x
    I know, it's just that I have had trouble accepting my body all of my life...I'm really not confident, so when people can actually give me advice and help, I feel as though I can finally make a change to how I feel.

Have I done something wrong, or have I upset you?

ReputationRep:
    i would recommended trying peanut butter and maybe having some dairy products like milk yogurt and cheese , but not too much

ik you might be busy with study obligations which is fine , maybe go for 2 hours during the weekend instead of school week if u can
    Ok thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
    np
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know, it's just that I have had trouble accepting my body all of my life...I'm really not confident, so when people can actually give me advice and help, I feel as though I can finally make a change to how I feel.

Have I done something wrong, or have I upset you?
    No, you havent done anything to upset me lol. Its weird for someone to say to me 'I have a good heart' or 'A good sense of humour' after we just crossed paths, but thanks for the comment tho and I honestly do hope you boost up your confidence and accept your body the way it is x
    I can come across quite rude and harsh but thats the way I am

ReputationRep:
    Try Rich Piana’s 8 hour arm workout

ReputationRep:
    No, you havent done anything to upset me lol. Its weird for someone to say to me 'I have a good heart' or 'A good sense of humour' after we just crossed paths, but thanks for the comment tho and I honestly do hope you boost up your confidence and accept your body the way it is x
    I can come across quite rude and harsh but thats the way I am
    I didn't mean to sound weird when I gave you those compliments, I am always dishing out compliments to people...it's just the way I am. And honestly, it's nice to have people in the world who are harsh. It puts people in their place.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I didn't mean to sound weird when I gave you those compliments, I am always dishing out compliments to people...it's just the way I am. And honestly, it's nice to have people in the world who are harsh. It puts people in their place.
    Oh, now that makes sense. Once again thanks for the compliments x
    Sometime harsh ppl is the only way you can get to ppl

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.