Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girl i am seeing would rather spend valentines day with someone else watch

Okay so we have been dating for a while and have hit it off quite well. However, she tends to prefer having guy friends which i don't really pay much notice too except when I asked about maybe doing something today, she said a guy friend of hers is inviting her out. I believe guys and girls can be friends and all but come on, a guy friend would not just invite a girl out for valentines day would they? Or am i overthinking?

ReputationRep:
    if she is your girlfriend then she should not be doing this :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sounds kind of starkly like she doesn't consider you an item.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so we have been dating for a while and have hit it off quite well. However, she tends to prefer having guy friends which i don't really pay much notice too except when I asked about maybe doing something today, she said a guy friend of hers is inviting her out. I believe guys and girls can be friends and all but come on, a guy friend would not just invite a girl out for valentines day would they? Or am i overthinking?
    Man up and move on

ReputationRep:
    You should chat to her about it and see where it goes. also you should tell her how you dont like her having guy freinds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    Man up and move on
    great new pic x
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    great new pic x
    Lol thanks x
    Thought it would suit my username and me as a whole
    Her stance is amazing tho

ReputationRep:
    Lol thanks x
    Thought it would suit my username and me as a whole
    Her stance is amazing tho
    yeh definitely , have a happy valentine whoever u with x

ReputationRep:
    If a girl I was dating did this to me especially on Valentines day knowing some next dude could potentially be pumping on her on the side.

I wouldn't stick around for very long.

That's a straight violation!
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    yeh definitely , have a happy valentine whoever u with x
    Nah Im spending mine with friends and family, to me Valentines is just another day

ReputationRep:
    Nah Im spending mine with friends and family, to me Valentines is just another day
    ah i wish i had friends who weren't in relationship to chill with , they got their own plans with their gf

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends on how long you've been dating and how committed the 'dating' is.... and how often you actually see each other.

So, I feel life you've been dating pretty regularly for 6+weeks then yes, she should be spending her Valentine's Day with you. But, regardless if she feels she is 'dating' you as well then yes, of course, she should be with you this day. You definitely have reason to be irritated and perhaps upset. And, unfortunately, I don't think if she was really into you she'd be wanting to spend this day with a 'buddy', to be honest. I see a big red flag here. Just because things seem to be going well with her doesn't mean that she is a stable person who makes the right decisions. She maybe the girl who self-sabbotages herself and relationships - or flits from one relationship to the next. Sorry, I know that is not what you want to hear.

Best of luck - really.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.