Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m in Year 12 hoping to study law at university and have been looking at oxford due to the face the entry requirements are AAA. My current predicted grades are AAA however this is being changed to A*AA as I’ve consistently been getting A* in English. This means I would meet the requirements for Cambridge Law.

However I only got 2 A*, 4 A and 2 B in GCSEs which I know isn’t really good enough- what uni would I stand a better chance at? Although oxford entry requirements are lower they tend to be more concerned about GCSE results/profile.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy_c_00)
    I’m in Year 12 hoping to study law at university and have been looking at oxford due to the face the entry requirements are AAA. My current predicted grades are AAA however this is being changed to A*AA as I’ve consistently been getting A* in English. This means I would meet the requirements for Cambridge Law.

However I only got 2 A*, 4 A and 2 B in GCSEs which I know isn’t really good enough- what uni would I stand a better chance at? Although oxford entry requirements are lower they tend to be more concerned about GCSE results/profile.
    Cambridge.

ReputationRep:

I’ve been offered a place to study Law at Oxford so hopefully I can help you a bit!

Firstly, my GCSE results are 3A*s, 4As, 4Bs and 1C. Our results are similar. Don’t be put off from applying because of GCSE results - they look at them in context!

Secondly, thinking about entry requirements is completely personal. It was one of the reason I chose Oxford because the other universities I applied to (UCL, LSE, King’s) had entry requirements of A*AA so I did want to give myself a slightly different option.

Finally, look at the universities themselves and go to their open days. The courses are actually quite different, obviously they’re both QLDs so they do have some similarities but there are key differences.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthflame57)
    I’ve been offered a place to study Law at Oxford so hopefully I can help you a bit!

Firstly, my GCSE results are 3A*s, 4As, 4Bs and 1C. Our results are similar. Don’t be put off from applying because of GCSE results - they look at them in context!

Secondly, thinking about entry requirements is completely personal. It was one of the reason I chose Oxford because the other universities I applied to (UCL, LSE, King’s) had entry requirements of A*AA so I did want to give myself a slightly different option.

Finally, look at the universities themselves and go to their open days. The courses are actually quite different, obviously they’re both QLDs so they do have some similarities but there are key differences.
    (Original post by ruthflame57)

Ah, congratulations on your offer! I’m glad to know that it would still be possible to get in with my GCSEs as you often only hear of people with straight A*s applying. If you don’t mind me asking what are your predicted grades for A Level ? Also do you know anyone else who has applied to Oxford/Cambridge and been invited to interview or had an offer with similar GCSEsThank you 👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    Ah, congratulations on your offer! I’m glad to know that it would still be possible to get in with my GCSEs as you often only hear of people with straight A*s applying. If you don’t mind me asking what are your predicted grades for A Level ? Also do you know anyone else who has applied to Oxford/Cambridge and been invited to interview or had an offer with similar GCSEsThank you 👍🏼
    My predicted grades are A*AAA! Unfortunately I don’t know anyone else, I was the only person from my school to get an interview and the only person ever to be offered a place so I can’t provide much more info than what I’ve experienced!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.