Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i want to buy some whilst at uni but feel like i meed to start buying stuff now.. how much should i start saving?!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sunshine00)
    i want to buy some whilst at uni but feel like i meed to start buying stuff now.. how much should i start saving?!
    You can get everything you'll need as cheap as you like really, you shouldn't get very expensive kitchen things and bedding can be very cheap.

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks! I feel like it would be best to buy most stuff before hand otherwise ill have a lot to buy whilst im there..

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest perhaps making a list of what you will need, such as items of clothing, bedding, kitchenware, bedroom stuff like coathangers and a laundry basket and anything else you think you'll need. in the months before you venture off, start slowly acquiring these things so its not a huge spend in one go, and if you find that you need anything else when you're at uni, buy it then!
    I'm going to uni in September and this is what I'm doing, I think it is coming in handy!

ReputationRep:
    can i take my gaming console as well? or will it be a huge distraction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassinbunny123)
    can i take my gaming console as well? or will it be a huge distraction?
    I think it would be okay unless you know you would be on it 24/7?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyjm)
    I would suggest perhaps making a list of what you will need, such as items of clothing, bedding, kitchenware, bedroom stuff like coathangers and a laundry basket and anything else you think you'll need. in the months before you venture off, start slowly acquiring these things so its not a huge spend in one go, and if you find that you need anything else when you're at uni, buy it then!
    I'm going to uni in September and this is what I'm doing, I think it is coming in handy!
    Thats a good idea! spread the cost a little.. i know im bound to forget stuff haha

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.