Student finance - Independent student evidence

Watch
Geepegg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm applying for student finance as an Independent student - how many payslips do I need to provide as evidence?
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Geepegg)
Hi,

I'm applying for student finance as an Independent student - how many payslips do I need to provide as evidence?
Hi Geepegg,

If you are under 25 years old and looking to provide evidence of
3 years self-support then 36 months (3 years) worth of evidence is required, however it does not have to be consecutive years.

We can accept evidence that shows self-support either proof of income or benefits, food and accommodation.

Acceptable evidence can include:

P60; month 12/week 52 wage slip; benefit receipt letters; Statement of Earnings; Employers letters; Tax returns; accounts
If the student has been provided with food and accommodation in place of wages then this can be considered as self supporting. For students in receipt of benefits, the amount is not so important; the important factor is the claim dates. We must see the period of time the student has been claiming benefits.

For students who will provide a bank statement to show savings, these savings must have been gained from previous income.Send clear copies of the evidence along with a cover letter, name and customer reference number.You can be confident that the evidence will be reviewed on a case by case basis by an assessor.Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (596)
33.92%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (731)
41.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (351)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise