Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance - Independent student evidence watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm applying for student finance as an Independent student - how many payslips do I need to provide as evidence?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Geepegg)
    Hi,

I'm applying for student finance as an Independent student - how many payslips do I need to provide as evidence?
    Hi Geepegg,

If you are under 25 years old and looking to provide evidence of
    3 years self-support then 36 months (3 years) worth of evidence is required, however it does not have to be consecutive years.

We can accept evidence that shows self-support either proof of income or benefits, food and accommodation.

Acceptable evidence can include:

P60; month 12/week 52 wage slip; benefit receipt letters; Statement of Earnings; Employers letters; Tax returns; accounts
    If the student has been provided with food and accommodation in place of wages then this can be considered as self supporting. For students in receipt of benefits, the amount is not so important; the important factor is the claim dates. We must see the period of time the student has been claiming benefits.

For students who will provide a bank statement to show savings, these savings must have been gained from previous income.Send clear copies of the evidence along with a cover letter, name and customer reference number.You can be confident that the evidence will be reviewed on a case by case basis by an assessor.Thanks Rona

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.