Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been struggling to focus on revising and always get frustrated with myself any ideas on how to get myself motivated? Revision tips would be great too!

ReputationRep:
    this is going to sound bad but you cant motivate yourself. you have to find something that motivates you. i believe that the biggest thing that will motivate someone is the fear of not proving yourself and failing. you dont want to disappoint yourself so remember that when you say "ahh ill start in an hour" and then you dont. it is yourself that you are bringing down and stopping by not doing the work. and with regards to a revision tip keep your phone away from you as it will cause a distraction, do it in half hour intervals 30 minutes revision then 10-15 minute break then half hour revision and keep doing that.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Think of where do you want to see your self after 10 years time and chase that. If what you thought is irrelevant to what you are trying to motivate yourself to do, then it might mean that you are in the wrong path. Robert_Gray is right, what you do needs to motivate you. And most importantly, success in what you do needs to motivate you because its what your goal is.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Aaah thats very helpful thank you!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.