How Do I Motivate Myself

Watch this thread
shaksxxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've been struggling to focus on revising and always get frustrated with myself any ideas on how to get myself motivated? Revision tips would be great too!

Robert_Gray
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
this is going to sound bad but you cant motivate yourself. you have to find something that motivates you. i believe that the biggest thing that will motivate someone is the fear of not proving yourself and failing. you dont want to disappoint yourself so remember that when you say "ahh ill start in an hour" and then you dont. it is yourself that you are bringing down and stopping by not doing the work. and with regards to a revision tip keep your phone away from you as it will cause a distraction, do it in half hour intervals 30 minutes revision then 10-15 minute break then half hour revision and keep doing that.
Den902
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Think of where do you want to see your self after 10 years time and chase that. If what you thought is irrelevant to what you are trying to motivate yourself to do, then it might mean that you are in the wrong path. Robert_Gray is right, what you do needs to motivate you. And most importantly, success in what you do needs to motivate you because its what your goal is.
shaksxxxx
Rep:
Okay thank you so much!
shaksxxxx
Rep:
Aaah thats very helpful thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (223)
42.4%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.78%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.13%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.7%

Watched Threads