Turn on thread page Beta

My university experience is a disaster! watch

Announcements

Hello all!

I'm on my first year of Criminology. I just want to share my university experience with you all, maybe because I'm looking for some guidance or because I need to let it all out.
    I'm very passionate about my course but things are not working.
    I've started of well, got good grades on my first presentation and scored 90% on my first exam. Not too long after that I got ill and was on and off hospital about 6 times, which led me to miss about 6 weeks of lectures and seminars.
    I couldn't make it to my deadline and asked for an extension (which was granted). Tomorrow is my new deadline and I couldn't get anything done because I don't know what to do. On top of that I can't ask for help from friends because I did not make any, there's only 1 person who talks to me in my entire course.
    Please tell me I'm not the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please tell me I'm not the only one.
    There are probably numerous other students in the same predicament as you, many through faults of their own, unlike you.
    But you might have to pull a lot of weight to get back on track with your academics

ReputationRep:
    Do you have an academic advisor? If you do go and talk to him and tell him/her your situation. Its not your fault that you're falling back from track. You had a quite serious health issue (since it was 6 months) so they would probably understand. Do your best tonight and aim to at least pass the assessment (40%) and from then you can aim to get higher marks. Life brought it this way so you just have to do your best to respond to the situation.

Plus try to talk to people a bit more, maybe other students are looking for friends as well Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.