The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York law interview 14th February 2018

Hey.

Who was there today? How do you think it went?
I was. I think it went better than i anticipated tbh. The questions were good enough to give balanced arguments and counter-arguments.

Overall, i think the interview was easier than i thought but i dont wanna jinx it haha. Fingers crossed.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Daraawiish
I was. I think it went better than i anticipated tbh. The questions were good enough to give balanced arguments and counter-arguments.

Overall, i think the interview was easier than i thought but i dont wanna jinx it haha. Fingers crossed.

Same here. The guy I had was Russian, and I had to get him to repeat the questions a couple of times and I don't think he could understand me all that well either (was probably my Midlands accent haha).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chuckymeg
Same here. The guy I had was Russian, and I had to get him to repeat the questions a couple of times and I don't think he could understand me all that well either (was probably my Midlands accent haha).

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOOOOOOOOL, i had an alumni solicitor lady who was really nice and got me into the relaxed mode i needed to think and reply.
Reply 4
LOOOOOOOOOL, i had an alumni solicitor lady who was really nice and got me into the relaxed mode i needed to think and reply.

Lucky you! Best of luck. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Have you had an offer? I received an offer today for AAA!
Have you had an offer? I received an offer today for AAA!

and oh, my offer requirement is not AAA as i am not doing A-levels (long story)..i am doing an Access to Higher Education Law course which is comprised of 15 level 3 units (10 law units and 5 criminology units); each unit is awarded 3 credits at either Pass, Merit, or Distinction..the offer is 39 credits at Distinction and the remaining 6 credits at Merit or above..so basically 13 out of the 15 units at D and the remaining 2 at M or higher.
Reply 7
and oh, my offer requirement is not AAA as i am not doing A-levels (long story)..i am doing an Access to Higher Education Law course which is comprised of 15 level 3 units (10 law units and 5 criminology units); each unit is awarded 3 credits at either Pass, Merit, or Distinction..the offer is 39 credits at Distinction and the remaining 6 credits at Merit or above..so basically 13 out of the 15 units at D and the remaining 2 at M or higher.

That's awesome - well done! Are you a mature student?
That's awesome - well done! Are you a mature student?

Yes, technically speaking i am a mature student (anyone who is 21 or over at the start of the course)..i will be turning 21 in sept lol ..tbh i only did the access course and opted for the mature student pathway because i did not want to spend 2 years doing a levels..this route takes me to the same place in half the time.
Reply 9
Yes, technically speaking i am a mature student (anyone who is 21 or over at the start of the course)..i will be turning 21 in sept lol ..tbh i only did the access course and opted for the mature student pathway because i did not want to spend 2 years doing a levels..this route takes me to the same place in half the time.

That's cool, I'm 19. Will you be firming York?
That's cool, I'm 19. Will you be firming York?

I'll most likely firm york since i liked the city, uni, teaching style and everything else. I am also considering leeds and warwick, but my main preferences are york and warwick tbh..leaning more towards york

Your access course sounds different to mine. Mine is split into law (15credits), criminology (12 credits) and history (18 credits). 6 of our assignments are worth 6 credits and 3 are worth 3.
So far I've got 24 distinctions back, just handed in another 6 and I'll have 15 more to get in May.
Original post by AndrewMarkSP
Your access course sounds different to mine. Mine is split into law (15credits), criminology (12 credits) and history (18 credits). 6 of our assignments are worth 6 credits and 3 are worth 3.
So far I've got 24 distinctions back, just handed in another 6 and I'll have 15 more to get in May.

Yh it sounds different but the combination of credits is the same..u just do it a bit differently. I have handed in 9 units and have got 27 credits at distinction..cant wait for these remaining few months and units to pass quickly.
Yh it sounds different but the combination of credits is the same..u just do it a bit differently. I have handed in 9 units and have got 27 credits at distinction..cant wait for these remaining few months and units to pass quickly.

I definitely hear you there! We're not far off now though.
Have you made your firm/insurance choices yet? I have York as my firm and Lancaster as my insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest