Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I am taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and an EPQ at sixth form. This is a rough indicator of what i should get in my GCSE (didnt revise lit or any quotes and not enough for biology, because there was too much content so i stopped).

English Language: 9
    English Literature: 6
    Maths: 8
    Biology: 7
    Chemistry: 9
    Physics: 8
    Geography: 9
    French: 9
    Art: 9
    The grades I'm aiming for:
    All 9's in STEM subjects, Geography and 8's in the others (Already got 9 in Art)

Does anyone take any of these subjects and whch would you say is the hardest? I have done all the possible research on each subject and i know what's in the syllabus, but haven't looked at how hard it is. I plan on revising 3-5 hours a night from the first day of sixth form (don't need comments saying i won't, because i can and have before). During this revision, I plan on coming home, looking over what i learnt that day for the subject, writing notes on the subject and then at the weekends revising those notes. In terms of homework, i plan on doing that in free periods and the rest at home too. Does anyone take 4 subjects and an EPQ, i want to get all A* and go to cambridge to study medicine. I also plan on learning the whole of C1 and C2 in the summer holidays to put myself at an advantage; as well as look over the first module/unit of the other 3 topics and do at least half to all of my EPQ. If i do this will i definitely achieve the grades i wish as long as it's productive revision? Does anyone here take the subjects i want to do and can i get some precise advice? How long do you revise daily? Am i doing too much or not enough to be in the best position to smash A levels? How would you go about A levels if you could start again, to put you in the best postion?

Please give me some advice and maybe how it went for you, what you did and what grades you came out with or are predicted now, please? Thank You.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the advice!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    I am doing those subjects and currently in year 13, my advice is very general. I would just say, that if you really enjoy those subjects and put in as much work as you say you will, you should be fine. In my opinion they are not particularly difficult as long as you are interested in the subjects. I think 3-5 hours a night is sufficient, getting in 5 hours might be a bit hard, but 3 hours is reasonable and should set you in good position for your exams. Also EPQ is extremely enjoyable if you again pick a topic you are interested in, and considering you are thinking of applying to medicine I would suggest you make the EPQ related to medicine, that is what I did and it was also a good talking point for interviews. I myself didn't look at the first modules or c1 or c2 before I started, I only read through topics the night before lessons,
    And it has worked fine for me. So you don't necessarily need to do as much work as you are suggesting in the summer, but I suppose it would give you an advantage.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAR123)
    I am doing those subjects and currently in year 13, my advice is very general. I would just say, that if you really enjoy those subjects and put in as much work as you say you will, you should be fine. In my opinion they are not particularly difficult as long as you are interested in the subjects. I think 3-5 hours a night is sufficient, getting in 5 hours might be a bit hard, but 3 hours is reasonable and should set you in good position for your exams. Also EPQ is extremely enjoyable if you again pick a topic you are interested in, and considering you are thinking of applying to medicine I would suggest you make the EPQ related to medicine, that is what I did and it was also a good talking point for interviews. I myself didn't look at the first modules or c1 or c2 before I started, I only read through topics the night before lessons,
    And it has worked fine for me. So you don't necessarily need to do as much work as you are suggesting in the summer, but I suppose it would give you an advantage.
    Thanks a lot, i'll make sure to take on your advice!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.