Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will be a fresher at the UoR (Law) I am quite concerned about my financials. As I will have to support myself and does not have a family in the UK, my quaestion is the following: Will I be able to work part-time ?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SzabinaH)
    I will be a fresher at the UoR (Law) I am quite concerned about my financials. As I will have to support myself and does not have a family in the UK, my quaestion is the following: Will I be able to work part-time ?
    Hello!

I think I answered a question from you on another thread but hopefully we can help you on the subject of part time work too! So I work part time on campus as a student ambassador, doing things like open days, visit days, campus tours etc. It is really good as it fits in with my studies and is very flexible! You also have the opportunity of working in the campus bars and eating areas, as well as in the co-op shop. All these different opportunities are advertised online through a company called campus jobs. For the student ambassador role they start recruiting in October so look out for it on the website.
    We also have the Carrington building on campus who advertise in their "Job Shop" other opportunities such as work in the town centre in shops or restaurants etc.

So as you can see there are lots of opportunities for flexible part time work! If you have anymore questions then just let us know!

Alice
    Food Science Placements Student

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your answer.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SzabinaH)
    Hi,

Welcome to the University of Reading! Are you excited to start?

I'm an international student and my family is not in the UK too.
    If you are like me (tier 4 visa), you might also need to check your visa if you are allowed to work and maximum hours per week?

Good luck.

Prau
    3rd year PhD student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReadingPG)
    Hi,

Welcome to the University of Reading! Are you excited to start?

I'm an international student and my family is not in the UK too.
    If you are like me (tier 4 visa), you might also need to check your visa if you are allowed to work and maximum hours per week?

Good luck.

Prau
    3rd year PhD student
    Hi

I'm not an international but an EU student.

ReputationRep:
    I second getting a job on campus - it tends to pay well for the type of work it is, and they limit your hours to make sure you have enough time for studying as well!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.