Turn on thread page Beta

Looking for someone who knows **** about dentist appointments? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so there are these things where you have to go to some fancy dentist centre and they check to see if your teeth are suitable for braces well I missed an appointment that was meant to be attended on the 6th february (This year) Now here is what i want to know if i make a call to them tommorow at some point and they do agree to reschedule when will the new appointment be scheduled for.

ReputationRep:
    you can check their policy, some allow you to miss one, some refer you back to your general dentist if you dont attend without prior warning. Its definitely worth calling them tomorrow (asap) to see if you can reschedule

ReputationRep:
    its called an orthodontist

and you will have to wait months for another appointment - probably 6

have fun
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by AspiringAccount)
    Yeah so there are these things where you have to go to some fancy dentist centre and they check to see if your teeth are suitable for braces well I missed an appointment that was meant to be attended on the 6th february (This year) Now here is what i want to know if i make a call to them tommorow at some point and they do agree to reschedule when will the new appointment be scheduled for.
    We aren't your dentist so we wouldn't have a definitive answer.

Some dentists can give you three chances or may give you no chances. Just try and call them and see what they say.

Orthodontist tend to have long waiting lists so you could be waiting months for an appointment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirrology)
    We aren't your dentist so we wouldn't have a definitive answer.

Some dentists can give you three chances or may give you no chances. Just try and call them and see what they say.

Orthodontist tend to have long waiting lists so you could be waiting months for an appointment.
    harsh but fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    its called an orthodontist

and you will have to wait months for another appointment - probably 6

have fun
    Nice sarcastic touch at the end, oh and thanks for the simple reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yipyipee)
    you can check their policy, some allow you to miss one, some refer you back to your general dentist if you dont attend without prior warning. Its definitely worth calling them tomorrow (asap) to see if you can reschedule
    Very basic and genuine response thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Nice sarcastic touch at the end, oh and thanks for the simple reply.
    I'm sorry but it's true. I got braces a couple of weeks ago and had to wait 6 months between each appointment.

ReputationRep:
    Very basic and genuine response thanks.
    thats what i aim for

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.