Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have recently firmed my unconditional to study Child Nursing at BCU for the Sept 2018 intake.

Would love to meet some people who have firmed BCU for nursing.

So: what a-levels are you doing? what field have you applied for? What type of offer do you have? Are you applying for the Belgrave View accommodation?

Thank you😊😊
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’m hoping to do midwifery at bcu. Got my interview at the end of February. Was just wondering what the interview process was like and how was the Maths and English test? Also, how do you get an unconditional offer? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleeza Ali)
    Hey, I’m hoping to do midwifery at bcu. Got my interview at the end of February. Was just wondering what the interview process was like and how was the Maths and English test? Also, how do you get an unconditional offer? Thanks xx
    Hey,

They said my unconditional was a result of my Academic History e.g GCSE grades and predicted grades. And it was mentioned before my interview so it was a case of they going well.

The maths and english papers at BCU were the hardest I’ve done at any of the unis I had interviews for but just use the practice papers online as they are very similar.

The interview process was nice, first of all I had an informal chat with the head admissions officer for my course about my grades who was so lovely, showing her my results certificates and talking in general about the course. Then I did the iPad questions, I don’t know if you do these for midwifery but tbh I found them awkward😂 then the face to face interview was good. Mine was with two people who work closely with the uni from the children’s hospital, there was 7 questions in total and they just look at your values and why you want to study that particular course.

Hope this helps!😊😊

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! Definitely need to start revising for the maths test as maths is not my strongest point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reannmull)
    Hi,

I have recently firmed my unconditional to study Child Nursing at BCU for the Sept 2018 intake.

Would love to meet some people who have firmed BCU for nursing.

So: what a-levels are you doing? what field have you applied for? What type of offer do you have? Are you applying for the Belgrave View accommodation?

Thank you😊😊
    Firmed my conditional to study Child Nursing in early January, in doing Health and Social Care and retaking Biology as I got BDD last year (sociology, English lit and biology respectively) Im pretty sure ill be applying for Stanford House, The Heights or Bargot Street, but Belgrave View would be a lot more practical. I just really want to be living in the city! Are you going to the Open Day in March??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IonaGrace17)
    Firmed my conditional to study Child Nursing in early January, in doing Health and Social Care and retaking Biology as I got BDD last year (sociology, English lit and biology respectively) Im pretty sure ill be applying for Stanford House, The Heights or Bargot Street, but Belgrave View would be a lot more practical. I just really want to be living in the city! Are you going to the Open Day in March??
    Hi! Congrats on your offer, its all so exciting! Its also great to meet other students😂
    I wont be going to the open day in march, I attended the one in October so had a good look then.

I think as we are located in the City South, we are mainly allocated at Belgrave View.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reannmull)
    Hi! Congrats on your offer, its all so exciting! Its also great to meet other students😂
    I wont be going to the open day in march, I attended the one in October so had a good look then.

I think as we are located in the City South, we are mainly allocated at Belgrave View.
    Thank you, my dream uni was Liverpool John Moores but didn't manage to get an interview so after that BCU was the first choice so I was over the moon

Yeahh, Belgrave View only takes City South students so it would be nice to be living with people on Health related courses, its just outside of the centre which is annoying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.