Turn on thread page Beta

Does your uni monitor attendance? watch

• View Poll Results: Does your uni monitor class attendance?
    Yes
    36.96%
    No
    19.57%
    Only for some classes
    43.48%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    For my university (UKC) we just have paper registers for seminars. No attendance for lectures or anything like that..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Not for my year and thank god, because if they did I’d be long gone by now (average of 5%).

FYI if you don’t want to attend lectures goto Aston, they record most of them and put them online immediately.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's all labs and some tutorials/seminars
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As of Monday, yes - every single lecture/tutorial.

Before then, attendance monitoring varied very much between courses, and for me as a Maths undergrad only a select few modules had attendance paper sheets. From next week, our attendance will be strictly monitored by the uni app we install on our phones, so that one of its functions will be to sign us in automatically if we have bluetooth + location services turned on, as it connects to a beacon in the lecture/seminar room we're scheduled to be in.

ReputationRep:
    No one really much cares at Nottingham, and i dont think going to lectures hurts or destroys you, it comes down to you... without moodle though, you wont be passing anything lol, online resources are just as important.

ReputationRep:
    Mine does for seminars but not lectures. Although one lecturer takes attendance but due to depression it’s hard to be there all the time

ReputationRep:
    At Nottingham, we had the odd register during seminars and labs, but none for any of our lectures.

Currently doing a part-time post-graduate course at Bradford, and you're required to scan your I.D card when you enter the seminar room in the morning and at the end of the day; in addition to signing a register.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Only for problem classes. I still hardly go to them anyway, so I don't know what the repercussions are.

ReputationRep:
    At Hull we have cards that have to be scanned in lectures and seminars to record attendance. Yet bizarrelay paper registers are still passed round and they don’t even really seem to care anyway.

ReputationRep:
    At my uni we also scan our ID cards in both lectures and seminars. In seminars you also have to sign a paper register.
    There’s plenty of people who just “scan & go” as the scanners are right by the doors when you walk in.

ReputationRep:
    I think they'd get pissed off if I missed supervisions for no good reason, but since it's just me and the supervisor, it's kind of obvious whether or not I'm there…

Nobody has any idea or gives a **** whether I go to lectures or seminars.

ReputationRep:
    My uni monitors seminar and tutorial attendance, though they’ve rolled out plans to spend millions on a phone tracking scheme to monitor attendance to lectures. Waste of money, waste of time if you ask me!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.