Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have applied to do interior design at DMU, University of Derby and NTU. I have gotten an unconditional from the first two and am still waiting to hear back from NTU but which do you think is the best?
    DMU is my first choice as of right now and I wanted to accommodate. I live in Nottinghamshire and don’t want the hassle of travelling but my parents don’t want me to accommodate. Do you think I should travel for my first year then accomdate for the last two or is it not worth it?
    I know I would definitely want to live in a studio but obviously that comes with a high cost.
    Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by toorus)
    So I have applied to do interior design at DMU, University of Derby and NTU. I have gotten an unconditional from the first two and am still waiting to hear back from NTU but which do you think is the best?
    DMU is my first choice as of right now and I wanted to accommodate. I live in Nottinghamshire and don’t want the hassle of travelling but my parents don’t want me to accommodate. Do you think I should travel for my first year then accomdate for the last two or is it not worth it?
    I know I would definitely want to live in a studio but obviously that comes with a high cost.
    Thank you
    To get the best of your uni experience you really should live close to it and take part in uni life. A studio may not be feasible though so check out your finances and options.Pick the most interesting uni course.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by toorus)
    Thank you
    Hi toorus

Is there a reason why your parents don't want you to move into university accommodation?

As alleycat393 has said, to get the most out of university life then living close by where you'll be easily able to meet and get to know people would be the best option. You will have a greater chance of meeting new people in first year by living in halls.

As for choosing the university you want to go to, you need to decide which course is going to offer want you want to study as well as having the facilities you see to be important.

Hope that helps

Let me know if you have any questions!

Chris

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.