The Student Room Group

Was this the wrong move?

I suspect an eBay buyer is pretending they haven't received an item and they have opened a case against me so my money's on hold. I have sent it them messages but no response. They also don't have any feedback or given any feedback but they've recently joined 3 months ago so maybe thats the reason for the lack of feedback. I called eBay and reported them due to fearing that it could be fraud, because obviously I haven't received my money for 2 weeks now but the buyer just has to close the case or state whether they have received the item or not but they are not saying anything. The buyer seemed friendly when they were initially telling me they has not received it, but has just stopped responding.

Was it a wrong move to contact ebay? Or should I have waited longer for a response?

The buyer is a student and It's just that I'm a student too and I need the money that PayPal are holding, as it's annoying that I have not got the item anymore and now the buyer wants the money back.
eBay will probably judge it on your rep and their rep I think and they will cover it when the case time closes

I’m sure I once had a problem like this before but it was ok in the end
I know when I first joined eBay, I made some rash decisions with a bad experience as a buyer. I didn't understand the proper communication flow, and I'm sure p*ssed off the seller.

More communication is better than no communication, so reaching out to eBay was not a bad idea. Agreed on the above response as eBay will review your rating and the price of the item.

If you've been waiting only for 1-2 days for a buyer to respond, then it seems you may be a little impatient. My 2p.

Was this helpful?
Reply 3
Original post by Rossagle
eBay will probably judge it on your rep and their rep I think and they will cover it when the case time closes

I’m sure I once had a problem like this before but it was ok in the end

Thanks for responding, all my feedback has been 5 stars and I have a great rep but this buyer has no feedback or no rep hopefully they'll favour me.
Reply 4
Original post by Apocalyps
I know when I first joined eBay, I made some rash decisions with a bad experience as a buyer. I didn't understand the proper communication flow, and I'm sure p*ssed off the seller.

More communication is better than no communication, so reaching out to eBay was not a bad idea. Agreed on the above response as eBay will review your rating and the price of the item.

If you've been waiting only for 1-2 days for a buyer to respond, then it seems you may be a little impatient. My 2p.

Was this helpful?

Nah it's been about 5 days they haven't responded, I sent a second message yesterday but still no response so that's why I grew suspicious.

Yes very helpful thanks for responding

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending