Turn on thread page Beta

How can I overcome jellousy? watch

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be long and complicated.

the circumstances:
    I'm in my last year of A Levels meanwhile my 2 year boyfriend is in his first year of university. We went to the same school in a different country so therefore it's a long distance relationship since the beginning of the school year. I got unconditional for his Uni and we signed a 1 year tenancy contract for next year so we will definitely live together and he is therefore very committed to our relationship. We visit each other every school break.
    So far so good.

The problem:
    a few months ago he got to know this girl from his university course that he now considers his best friend. He thinks that she is pretty and he describes her as being very similar to himself because of a similar personality and background and therefore she can appearantly understand him deeply in a way that I can't because I'm very much the opposite of him. He says, after I asked, that he would never be able to date her because after

ReputationRep:
    Best way is time.
    2nd best way is to realise this happens (similar) to us all.
    3rd best way is to recognise that we all change -- even you -- and it will affect others in your life. That's life.

Not meaning to sound harsh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.