Turn on thread page Beta

Evidence for continuing students (child of migrant worker) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what evidence do I need to attach to my application if I am applying for Maintenance Loan (2018/19) as a continuing student and child of migrant worker? My father is self-employed and, the first time I applied for maintenance loan, I had to provide bank statements and corresponding invoices, etc. Is it the same if I'm applying as a continuing student?

I applied for Maintenance Loan for the first time just a month ago for the current academic year (2017/18) as I wasn't aware of the child of migrant worker eligibility and I found out about it only recently -my application is in progress and I should hear back soon hopefully. However I have been advised by a student finance adviser to not wait and to apply for the upcoming year as well.

And just to double check, I'm meant to complete the PR1 form for 2018/19, right?

Thank you in advance!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Schnee_96)
    Hi, what evidence do I need to attach to my application if I am applying for Maintenance Loan (2018/19) as a continuing student and child of migrant worker? My father is self-employed and, the first time I applied for maintenance loan, I had to provide bank statements and corresponding invoices, etc. Is it the same if I'm applying as a continuing student?

I applied for Maintenance Loan for the first time just a month ago for the current academic year (2017/18) as I wasn't aware of the child of migrant worker eligibility and I found out about it only recently -my application is in progress and I should hear back soon hopefully. However I have been advised by a student finance adviser to not wait and to apply for the upcoming year as well.

And just to double check, I'm meant to complete the PR1 form for 2018/19, right?

Thank you in advance!
    Hi Schnee_96,

When applying as a returning student, we won't require as much evidence. If you're accepted as the child of a migrant worker in year 1, we just need to see updated invoices and bank statements in your returning years.

You are correct, you should complete the PR1 this year.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, John! That really helps! Do I need to send anything else apart from bank statements and invoices? Eg tax return, etc could you please list the evidence I need to send?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Schnee_96)

Thank you in advance!
    Hi Schnee_96,

You are correct, you will complete the PR1 form for 2018/19 academic year.

In order to advise you on the correct evidence to show continual employment, can I ask if you are a September start?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Schnee_96,

You are correct, you will complete the PR1 form for 2018/19 academic year.

In order to advise you on the correct evidence to show continual employment, can I ask if you are a September start?

Thanks Rona
    Hi Rona,

Yes I start in September

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.