Turn on thread page Beta

Is this infected? watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    OP sorry to break it to you but you got 10 hours to live. That looks pretty serious.

Spoiler:
    Show

Just a little scratch mate:laugh:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    You didn't specify who to go and see (if they really had to see someone about it a pharmacist would be more appropriate, but again this would be a waste of time as they'll say what's already been said), and you put 'will' in bold to scare the OP into thinking it's more serious than it actually is. I see you completely ignored my point stating there's a reason why information is released to the public about treating minor cuts and grazes themselves at home without medical intervention.

Yes you can post where you want, but you're not doing yourself any favours by going into overdrive about a small cut and worrying the OP who has already stated they have health anxiety.
    Yes, so how do you know I am not advocating the pharmacist? Practice nurse? Stop trying to put words into people's mouths. If the OP is worried of course they should see someone, no one knows the reason why they are worried. And we still don't know how the wound was acquired - if it's from something dirty of course they should be worried. Which is why someone needs to take a history.

Also why did you single me out? There was someone above who also asked OP to talk to a doctor. Why not quote them too?! You didn't know I was a doctor when I posted on this thread for the first time. Clearly you're just looking for someone to argue with.

Why are you posting twice, once as anon and once as yourself? You are not doing yourself any favours doing that. I'm out of this thread because I'm sick of arguing. I'm here to help not get into a fight with random people arguing for the sake of it. OP if you want any further information feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    Yes, so how do you know I am not advocating the pharmacist? Practice nurse? Stop trying to put words into people's mouths. If the OP is worried of course they should see someone, no one knows the reason why they are worried. And we still don't know how the wound was acquired - if it's from something dirty of course they should be worried. Which is why someone needs to take a history.

Also why did you single me out? There was someone above who also asked OP to talk to a doctor. Why not quote them too?!

Why are you posting twice, once as anon and once as yourself? You are not doing yourself any favours doing that. I'm out of this thread because I'm sick of arguing. I'm here to help not get into a fight with random people disagreeing with me. OP if you want any further information feel free to PM me.
    You never stated who you were advocating for and you were very happy to leave it ambiguous had I not quoted you, knowing that the OP is most likely a teenager who likely is unaware of the services a pharmicist or practice nurse can provide. I singled you out because as a GMC registered professonal you should know not to be ambigious online about who somebody should go and see and it looked like you were trying to scare the OP. I posted twice because for some reason tonight TSR is defaulting to tick the box to make posts anon so I'm not used to having to untick it.

I see you have repeatedly ignored my point that there is a reason information about how to treat minor cuts and grazes at home without medical intervention is released to the public.

ReputationRep:
    nah looks fit

ReputationRep:
    Wrap it in cling film and a thin layer of coconut oil for no longer than an hour and a half if you’re worried. It draws the infection out of the wound.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenAlysArtist)
    Wrap it in cling film and a thin layer of coconut oil for no longer than an hour and a half if you’re worried. It draws the infection out of the wound.
    Honestly? Are you serious? One "treats" an infection; one does not lure it outside of a body. *smh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalyps)
    Honestly? Are you serious? One "treats" an infection; one does not lure it outside of a body. *smh*
    Tattoos are classed as open wounds, as a lass with quite a few which had a couple of slip ups (allergies and all that) when I’ve had an infected tattoo coconut oil has been a saviour.

I was just trying to give some advice from my personal experience, and if they cannot get to a doctor, it’s the best option. No need to ridicule me and make it sound like I told them to chop their arm off.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenAlysArtist)
    No need to ridicule me and make it sound like I told them to chop their arm off.
    Love, this is not ridicule nor exaggeration. If you had an infected wound, as you stated, then the coconut oil prevented future infection by closing off the wound from bacteria.

I simply contradicted to ensure inaccurate information was not furthered. One would expect you doing the same.

ReputationRep:
    it does not need any help your body will do it for you, just don't pick at it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.