Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible to get 8s and 9s with 3 months left until the exams? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In general I have been revising but because it hasn’t been very consistent revision, my mock grades haven’t been the best. Also because of my timings in exams- i ALWAYS run out of time. However, my target grades are all between 7-9.

Now that it’s February half term I’ve committed more time to revision and I most likely will carry it on after the half term is over, so I was wondering is it possible to get the highest grades with 3/4 months of revision left? I feel like I won’t have enough time to cover everything but I guess that depends on how much I do and how many revision sessions I attend after school

It also doesn’t help that i live quite far from my school so by the time I return, especially after the revision sessions, it gets kinda late so i only have time for about an hour and a half of revison, shower, dinner and then sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondionysx)
    In general I have been revising but because it hasn’t been very consistent revision, my mock grades haven’t been the best. Also because of my timings in exams- i ALWAYS run out of time. However, my target grades are all between 7-9.

Now that it’s February half term I’ve committed more time to revision and I most likely will carry it on after the half term is over, so I was wondering is it possible to get the highest grades with 3/4 months of revision left? I feel like I won’t have enough time to cover everything but I guess that depends on how much I do and how many revision sessions I attend after school

It also doesn’t help that i live quite far from my school so by the time I return, especially after the revision sessions, it gets kinda late so i only have time for about an hour and a half of revison, shower, dinner and then sleep.
    I’m doing my a levels now and I’m wondering essentially the same but about 3 A grades. And my answer to you is yes. Remember with written subjects it’s not about your ability to recall every piece of information but rather to be able to pick relevant information and analyse. With scientific subjects it’s about the ability to apply formulas and concepts to different questions. With this in mind revise strategically: go for the most important information, do lots of past exam papers, and dedicate time to it when you normally wouldn’t. Flash cards for the journey to and from school? After studying a levels for a year you realise just how comparatively small the gcse content is, and also the pre-exam cramming really helps. To be studying this early is a big plus, you should be able to get those grades no problem. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    yes yes yes, stop asking, get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    yes

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.