Turn on thread page Beta

At what age is to late watch

Do u think reaching age of 26 it becomes harder to find someone and have relationship?

No, definitely not. If anything, most people don’t start to have actual mature, adult relationships until their early-mid 20s. You’re totally fine. Ask anyone older than you this question and they’d laugh. You have loads of time to find someone. Enjoy being 26 for now!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My husband was 26 when I met him

(Original post by del1rious)
    My husband was 26 when I met him
    How much younger or older were u from him?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    No, definitely not. If anything, most people don’t start to have actual mature, adult relationships until their early-mid 20s. You’re totally fine. Ask anyone older than you this question and they’d laugh. You have loads of time to find someone. Enjoy being 26 for now!
    I think I ll be too mature and wouldn’t be into party after I cross 26 and I’m so scared of it

ReputationRep:
    How much younger or older were u from him?
    I was 21, from personal experience women around that age are suited to men a few years older as there is a difference in maturity.

ReputationRep:
    Do u think reaching age of 26 it becomes harder to find someone and have relationship?
    You are still young, enjoy your youth for now and when the right one comes along you'll know
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If it makes you feel any better, im 26 as well and am not in a long term relationship yet either.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think I ll be too mature and wouldn’t be into party after I cross 26 and I’m so scared of it
    You said you wanted a relationship, not to go partying. Big difference, settling down with someone at 26 is a nice age, so is 36...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any age is "too late", although once you're out of uni [if you went] ....you're never realistically going to have as much sheer options to meet someone in later life as you're around less people/ smaller networks

so if you struggled to find anyone in uni, it's not going to get any better outside uni ...it'll more likely be worst.

unless of course you improve your appearance a lot or something, but failing that, if you struggled in uni, you'll struggle even more once you leave...

I get more offers in my 30s to be honest with you than i ever did in my 20s. I'm a female too, honestly I look better in my 30s, probably because I am dressing more maturely, my skin has cleared up and also because i can afford better skin and hair products/treatments and better clothes. honestly in my 20s I looked like a teenager - horrible spotty skin and dry hair and cheap primark clothes. even my teeth were horrible. i feel i look more ladylike now and feel like this is the age where men of all ages - younger and older - are noticing me. so don't believe the hype that men prefer women in their early 20s only. if you look incredible at 21 then yeah they probably do but if you age well and take care of your appearance you will still get noticed way into your 30s. i do have to settle down in the next few years though as i worry i'll become invisible as soon as i hit my 40s

ReputationRep:
    I get more offers in my 30s to be honest with you than i ever did in my 20s. I'm a female too, honestly I look better in my 30s, probably because I am dressing more maturely, my skin has cleared up and also because i can afford better skin and hair products/treatments and better clothes. honestly in my 20s I looked like a teenager - horrible spotty skin and dry hair and cheap primark clothes. even my teeth were horrible. i feel i look more ladylike now and feel like this is the age where men of all ages - younger and older - are noticing me. so don't believe the hype that men prefer women in their early 20s only. if you look incredible at 21 then yeah they probably do but if you age well and take care of your appearance you will still get noticed way into your 30s. i do have to settle down in the next few years though as i worry i'll become invisible as soon as i hit my 40s
    Agreed, I'm almost 28 and feel like I get more attention now than I ever did in my early 20s. Never thought that would happen.

You're still young and you have plenty of time. Don't rush things and enjoy your single life while you can. And enjoy your youth too.

Theres no such thing as too late. If my fat, divorced, mother-of-2 aunt who is in her 40s managed to find love and remarry again, there is hope for everyone.

The problem is three things:

1. People believe the crap that they have reached a sell-by date and therefore give up looking or trying
    2. People let themselves go after a certain age
    and
    3. People have high expectations. Most men of all ages are still looking for that 20 something year old supermodel and most women of all ages are still looking for that 25 year old with a six-pack and gorgeous face. Even if they themselves are repulsive to look at. People need to be realistic, if you're not a 10 yourself you will never get a 10!

Theres no such thing as too late. If my fat, divorced, mother-of-2 aunt who is in her 40s managed to find love and remarry again, there is hope for everyone.

The problem is three things:

1. People believe the crap that they have reached a sell-by date and therefore give up looking or trying
    2. People let themselves go after a certain age
    and
    3. People have high expectations. Most men of all ages are still looking for that 20 something year old supermodel and most women of all ages are still looking for that 25 year old with a six-pack and gorgeous face. Even if they themselves are repulsive to look at. People need to be realistic, if you're not a 10 yourself you will never get a 10!
    Good to hear this as I am close to 26 and have been with someone same age as me then a younger and nothing worked out as I think they are just immature and one-way thinking. None of them seem to take relationship seriously unlike myself I know what I want in my life and not a party type of girl just career goal focused.

ReputationRep:
    Just a question: do you have good genetics/look young for your age anyway or do you think it's mostly down to being able to present yourself better?

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear this as I am close to 26 and have been with someone same age as me then a younger and nothing worked out as I think they are just immature and one-way thinking. None of them seem to take relationship seriously unlike myself I know what I want in my life and not a party type of girl just career goal focused.
    This is unusual, most of the ladies my age (24) are desperate to settle down but can’t find a man the same age who is ready to commit to it. Perhaps you should move down here you might get more luck haha!!!!

(Original post by J_89)
    Just a question: do you have good genetics/look young for your age anyway or do you think it's mostly down to being able to present yourself better?
    yeah I'll be honest, that is also partly it. my story is a bit ugly-ducking-turns-beautiful-swan storyline, I mean I'm by no means a supermodel but I definitely look much better than I did as a child. People call me pretty now whereas as a kid I was constantly called ugly. I am also told that I look young for my age, only recently my uber driver asked me 'how old are you - 25, 26?' and was surprised when I told him I'm almost 33! so I guess that helps a bit. but I still never leave the house without a full face of make up and my hair done, I guess that is partly the reason why people consider me to be pretty, maybe I'm just really good at doing my make up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    I don't think any age is "too late", although once you're out of uni [if you went] ....you're never realistically going to have as much sheer options to meet someone in later life as you're around less people/ smaller networks

so if you struggled to find anyone in uni, it's not going to get any better outside uni ...it'll more likely be worst.

unless of course you improve your appearance a lot or something, but failing that, if you struggled in uni, you'll struggle even more once you leave...

That may have been the case in the past but things like online dating and Tinder have changed that.

My parents met around 28

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.