Turn on thread page Beta

Is taking out a loan 'the end of the world'? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Scot looking to study in England as there's only one uni that does my course of choice within Scotland. This will mean paying those pricey tuition fees and that taking out a student loan will be necessary. I'm pretty worried about the amount of debt I will be in at the end of the course so was wanting any advice about the loans and any tips that will mean I'm not still paying in my 90's. Thank you in advance
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carsmars9)
    I'm a Scot looking to study in England as there's only one uni that does my course of choice within Scotland. This will mean paying those pricey tuition fees and that taking out a student loan will be necessary. I'm pretty worried about the amount of debt I will be in at the end of the course so was wanting any advice about the loans and any tips that will mean I'm not still paying in my 90's. Thank you in advance
    All student loans are written off after 30 years if they haven't been fully repaid.

ReputationRep:
    What did you think about the Scot uni after speaking with the staff in the dept of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalyps)
    What did you think about the Scot uni after speaking with the staff in the dept of interest?
    I've applied and would really like to go so I'm just waiting on a decision through UCAS. Taking their time haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    All student loans are written off after 30 years if they haven't been fully repaid.
    That's good to know, thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.