Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OJE McDonald’s watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone 💓
    So I got an OJE and interview at McDonald’s for next Wednesday. I’m quite worried about it all, as it’s my first real interview for a job, but weirdly, I’m really worried about wearing a coat. Since it just snowed 2 days ago, I don’t trust the weather at all. But the coat I have is very practical, keeps me warm, is long and quite puffy. Not a ‘for fashion’ or ‘formal’ coat as people would say. I’m travelling out of town for this interview (not too far, about 20 minutes and have to walk to the bus station from my house (about 10 minutes) so I really would like to wear my coat. But what do I do? Forget it and freeze to death? Or wear it and awkwardly ask for somewhere to put it?
    Haha I know it’s weird that this is my biggest concern but honestly I can predict the interview, but not this awkward encounter.
    Thanks!x

ReputationRep:
    You can always remove the coat once there. No interviewer will judge you based on you being thoughtful. Bring it with you.

ReputationRep:
    what's with everyone on TSR applying to McDonald's tonight?!

Don't worry, you can wear a coat, haha. Just ask the manager where you can put it out of the way.

If you have any other concerns feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalyps)
    You can always remove the coat once there. No interviewer will judge you based on you being thoughtful. Bring it with you.
    Thanks for your help 💓

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)

Don't worry, you can wear a coat, haha. Just ask the manager where you can put it out of the way.

Haha I thought that too, so many people and nobody with the same concern as me, I guess everyone else worries more about the actual interview!
    Thank you for your help and thank you 💓

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotxox)
    Hey everyone 💓
    So I got an OJE and interview at McDonald’s for next Wednesday. I’m quite worried about it all, as it’s my first real interview for a job, but weirdly, I’m really worried about wearing a coat. Since it just snowed 2 days ago, I don’t trust the weather at all. But the coat I have is very practical, keeps me warm, is long and quite puffy. Not a ‘for fashion’ or ‘formal’ coat as people would say. I’m travelling out of town for this interview (not too far, about 20 minutes and have to walk to the bus station from my house (about 10 minutes) so I really would like to wear my coat. But what do I do? Forget it and freeze to death? Or wear it and awkwardly ask for somewhere to put it?
    Haha I know it’s weird that this is my biggest concern but honestly I can predict the interview, but not this awkward encounter.
    Thanks!x
    When I did my interview it was a cold but I just braved it as I didn't have a suitable blazer or jacket that looked formal enough. Baring in mind though this was June in England! I would just bring the coat and take it off at the interview and then leave it on the chair do the OJE and go back and get it. I brought a bag with me and I remember one of the guys who worked there put it in the back office for me, while I did my OJE.

ReputationRep:

Mass recruitment period

ReputationRep:
    dude this video sums the place up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrrTJAPmJ7I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringAccount)
    dude this video sums the place up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrrTJAPmJ7I
    Hahahahahaha love it !!

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahaha love it !!
    Who wouldn't.

ReputationRep:

Sorry I do have a question
    The dreaded OJE is tomorrow, do you have a do and don’t list? Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I do have a question
    The dreaded OJE is tomorrow, do you have a do and don’t list? Thank you x
    hi there,

yeah sure, I'll be happy to help you!

DO'S:
    -Dress smartly (don't worry about overdressing)
    -Try to smile not only at the customers but the guys working there - radiate a positive attitude about yourself
    -Ensure you greet customers appropriately: "Good morning sir/ma'am, how are you today?" is always good or anything which you're comfortable enough saying
    -If you're on drive thru, ask if customers want any condiments (napkins, sauces, milk et cetra...)
    -Farewell customers appropriately "Thank you, see you later." cannot go wrong

DON'T:
    -pretty much common sense and the opposite of above. don't use words like "lad" or slang words, especially infront if more mature customers.
    -dont be a depressing c**t. this is an issue I have sometimes, especially towards the end of a long shift but when talking, put the effort into sounding approachable and friendly
    -dont be shy; talk!

it's very simple to be honest, don't overthink it much. honestly, I'm not the most approachable guy but have a positive attitude and you'll do fine.

any more questions/concerns, ask away!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=BTAnonymous;76210376]hi there,

DO'S:
    -Try to smile not only at the customers but the guys working there - radiate a positive attitude about yourself
    -Ensure you greet customers appropriately: "Good morning sir/ma'am, how are you today?" is always good or anything which you're comfortable enough saying
    -If you're on drive thru, ask if customers want any condiments (napkins, sauces, milk et cetra...)

DON'T:
    -pretty much common sense and the opposite of above. don't use words like "lad" or slang words, especially infront if more mature customers.
    -dont be a depressing c**t. this is an issue I have sometimes, especially towards the end of a long shift but when talking, put the effort into sounding approachable and friendly
    -dont be shy; talk!

it's very simple to be honest, don't overthink it much. honestly, I'm not the most approachable guy but have a positive attitude and you'll do fine.

any more questions/concerns, ask away![/QUOT
    Omg thank you so much!
    I know on the email it says trousers/skirt but is there one that they prefer? I was going to wear a skirt as I can’t find my black trousers (I’m an extremely

hi there,

DO'S:

DON'T:
    -dont be shy; talk!

any more questions/concerns, ask away!
    Thanks so much!
    Also, I know the email says you can either wear trousers or skirt, but is there one you suggest? I can’t find my trousers and was going to wear a skirt but my friends don’t suggest that.
    And do I take my record of achievement? I was going to anyway but is there any need?
    Thanks so much for your help! I’m usually a really confident person and know that my OJE will probably go well because I’m usually approachable but I panic at the thought of an interview (literally, a million and more panic attacks come my way when even thinking about an interview)
    And you’ve beeen so much help thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much!
    Also, I know the email says you can either wear trousers or skirt, but is there one you suggest? I can’t find my trousers and was going to wear a skirt but my friends don’t suggest that.
    And do I take my record of achievement? I was going to anyway but is there any need?
    Thanks so much for your help! I’m usually a really confident person and know that my OJE will probably go well because I’m usually approachable but I panic at the thought of an interview (literally, a million and more panic attacks come my way when even thinking about an interview)
    And you’ve beeen so much help thank you so much!
    I'd go for trousers and yes, take any records of achievement, can't go wrong with that!

that's everything really so good luck and let me know how you get on!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.