Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fake Friends - random written piece watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why are school friends/ peers so fake , dishonest and shallow ?
    They all follow a ring leader like sheep ready for the slaughter. If the popular person changes then they all divert their attention leaving the old to rot in the dust of forgotten gossip and rumour.
    We all know the one person in the centre of it all the it girl/ guy with average looks however in your friend circle they are considered the pinnacle of beauty - a rose amongst the thorns - a diamond in the rough - okay , you get the picture.
    They are the main character in your life ; their own life and probably the main topic of annoyance or gossip in your friend group.
    They likely have a love interest or love interests which bewilder you and any outsider of this insignificant yet significant group to the overall school eco system.
    You - yes you - you’re probably not even the protagonist of your own story as you let others walk all over you.
    Your friend group has made sure of that by forcing insecurities upon you resulting in social anxiety even outside the depths of the classrooms , beyond the reaches of your professors and in the furthest crevasses from your known peers as possible. The grasp of their social neglect shines brighting upon you . It clutches your confidence at that job interview- even an ounce of their precious protagonist power might land you closer to that job , but no once again you fail to land it . Fail to overcome the habit of a lifetime . Fail to find your voice in a crowd of those destined for better , better yes better than you.
    Hide away might be easier - definitely- easier for everyone. It’s not like anyone cares if a background extra in your own life disappears- they’ll cast another in the blink of an eye - “is this seat taken?” It likely isn’t since it was filled with what you once were. If you died today no one would care , you wouldn’t care , I wouldn’t care and they wouldn’t care. But if you lived another day would you care? Would they care - well- probably not but who cares.
    Once you’re dead you can’t suffer , once you’re dead none of it mattered so why should it matter now , once you’re dead all is forgotten , time moves on and mistakes are erased
    Once you’re dead fake friends and real friends don’t matter.
    One you’re dead all that matters is did you live ?

Don’t sideline yourself as a minor character in your life you’re the protagonist so screw what they think.

Cause once you’re dead - who gives two ducks 🦆 🦆
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit deep/intense. You okay OP? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphrosyne)
    This is a bit deep/intense. You okay OP? :lol:
    Yeah sound like OP is going through a teenager midlife crisis.

ReputationRep:
    I never had the issue of fake friends.

Was... was I the ringleader this whole time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)

I can't relate to any of this. Even to popular kids were mostly sound and they didn't really switch allegiance on a whim like some American teen movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    I can't relate to any of this. Even to popular kids were mostly sound and they didn't really switch allegiance on a whim like some American teen movie.
    Popular girl groups in my school were quite odd, they'd have weird massive fallouts and change groups for quite long periods of time but eventually the old original group would always come back together inexplicably.

Everybody else was more or less 100% consistent as far as I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    Popular girl groups in my school were quite odd, they'd have weird massive fallouts and change groups for quite long periods of time but eventually the old original group would always come back together inexplicably.

Everybody else was more or less 100% consistent as far as I can remember.
    I had the girls in the back of my mind when I wrote that and yeah, they could be dramatic. We (the lads) would just have a scrap and go back to normal the day after, didn't tend to happen that way with the girls haha. but generally, it wasn't like I've just read.

I feel bad for the OP if that is their school experience. I hated school but it wasn't because of the people there, really.

ReputationRep:
    I was really bored and had just watched “scream” the Netflix show and this girl was bullied my Nina the prime b!tch of the school etc and u can watch it since summary if the plot is too long + spoilers
    😂
    School wasn’t that bad for me , i don’t even think it’s like that for anyone ?
    Didn’t think any one would read it but thanks for the responses
    😂👌🏻👍

ReputationRep:

Yes always yes 😂jk

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.