Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all , before i go to sleep there's something i need to get of my chest that most of you will know or seen by now.

Firstly i am muslim and so is my family however i was raised in England so growing up I've always had a different view on the world compared to my parents, i don't do anything that is extremely against Islamic teachings (like smoking or drinking or taking drugs ) but then again i'm not completely stuck to all Islamic teachings neither do my parents force me to , not because i'm a bad muslim or because i wanna escape from them , it's because it's not something that i need to do out of fear of Allah and going to hell.

I'm not calling out any names but some of you will have heard that muslims can only celebrate Eid and that's it , so i'm assuming these people mean you can't celebrate Christmas , or valentine day or Easter.

But the thing is the teachings of islam on other celebrations (if any of it is real) that's not gonna stop me or my family from enjoying christmas day and giving each other presents and having christmas dinner , it's not gonna stop my parents going to tea together on valentines day (like they did today , and both of them were born in iraq under a muslim family).

So what i'm trying to say here , if there's any muslims watching married or single,young or old i hope you spent today with that special person in your life, and i hope you're not living in fear just because it may be haram , trust me it's not as bad as certain individuals claim it to be on this site

thank you for reading

EDIT: this is in no way rebelling against islam and all of its teachings in general,i'm definite not leaving this faith or telling others to leave it , this is something i need to give my opinion on in case others were wondering about this topic

ReputationRep:
    Good for you, mate. Good to hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Good for you, mate. Good to hear.
    thanks for understanding man
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    Hi all , before i go to sleep there's something i need to get of my chest that most of you will know or seen by now.

Firstly i am muslim and so is my family however i was raised in England so growing up I've always had a different view on the world compared to my parents, i don't do anything that is extremely against Islamic teachings (like smoking or drinking or taking drugs ) but then again i'm not completely stuck to all Islamic teachings neither do my parents force me to , not because i'm a bad muslim or because i wanna escape from them , it's because it's not something that i need to do out of fear of Allah and going to hell.

I'm not calling out any names but some of you will have heard that muslims can only celebrate Eid and that's it , so i'm assuming these people mean you can't celebrate Christmas , or valentine day or Easter.

But the thing is the teachings of islam on other celebrations (if any of it is real) that's not gonna stop me or my family from enjoying christmas day and giving each other presents and having christmas dinner , it's not gonna stop my parents going to tea together on valentines day (like they did today , and both of them were born in iraq under a muslim family).

So what i'm trying to say here , if there's any muslims watching married or single,young or old i hope you spent today with that special person in your life, and i hope you're not living in fear just because it may be haram , trust me it's not as bad as certain individuals claim it to be on this site

thank you for reading

EDIT: this is in no way rebelling against islam and all of its teachings in general,i'm definite not leaving this faith or telling others to leave it , this is something i need to give my opinion on in case others were wondering about this topic
    I too would like to sleep with a clean heart InshaAllah.

So Mr Shawdows if I have said anything that did hurt you please do forgive me..

JazakaAllah Khairan(Thank you).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    I too would like to sleep with a clean heart InshaAllah.

So Mr Shawdows if I have said anything that did hurt you please do forgive me..

JazakaAllah Khairan(Thank you).
    well you didn't , i'm just gonna leave this here just in case: https://youtu.be/g8wgc4jfQXY

Nice, happy Valentine's day, J!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.