Turn on thread page Beta

Body part split or upper/lower split? watch

ReputationRep:
    For someone who’s been working out with decent results for three years using body splits, would it be good to switch to upper/lower splits including two days of upper body workouts and two days lower body workouts per week? This because I heard that working out each body part twice a week is better is that true?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how much you're breaking down the muscle on the days you are working out. If truly heavy work-outs, then your muscle will need more time to recover. Not as easy to answer as 2 or 3, mate.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Can't go wrong with a good upper/lower routine. PHUL or Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking Routine are two good ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Can't go wrong with a good upper/lower routine.
    What routine would you recommend?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by JY98)
    What routine would you recommend?
    You replied before I finished editing my post with suggestions :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    You replied before I finished editing my post with suggestions :lol:
    Damn dude that timing though! Thanks I will check them out. Although I tried Lyles and just thought it was a bit too intensive. Will give it a proper go, I really like Upp/lower splits but constantly feel like im neglecting arms. Usually by the end of Chest/Back/Shoulders you are fried and although these grow them on their own I really like just doing 1/2 sets on both Tris/Bi`s but often its often just left out.

ReputationRep:
    Wholebody workouts are the way to go!!!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.