Turn on thread page Beta

did my boyfriend sexually assault me? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently ended my first relationship and the more I look back on it, I think there might have been instances of sexual assault. I'm sorry for the long post but I have a lot of questions because I am not sure if I want to report him.

First incident: He had put his tip in before but I still considered myself a virgin because my hymen hadn't been broken. One night, he began fisting me, then put his tip in again. I told him not to go all the way in because I wasn't ready. When we finished he told me he went all the way in. He told me he had broken the hymen when he was fisting me because there was blood, but he said didn’t tell me because he thought I would tell him to stop. In one of his text messages, he said “but what’ really the difference of an inch? That’s difficult for me to control fully.” Is it wrong that I was angry at him for not telling me until we were done?

Second: One morning, he wanted to have sex but I told him “no” before he even started. We ended up having sex and I told him “stop,” “please stop,” “ouch, that hurts” multiple times and I tried to push away from him because it hurt so badly. It was most painful sex I had ever had and it took numerous times for him to actually listen to me and stop. In text messages, he said he didn't *** and that he stopped after i had said stop "3 or 4 times." Would this be considered rape even though he stopped after I had told him numerous times?

Third: One night in the dorm, I just wanted to lie next to him and cuddle because his roommate was in the room. He tried to touch me and I kept telling no. He eventually stopped. I then feel asleep and woke up to him moving his penis in between my legs. Is this assault because I don't know if he knew I was asleep.

Many times I would tell him “no,” I didn't want to have sex but I would be persuaded or guilted into it. He would beg me to do sexual favors. In many cases, I did sexual favors because I felt I had no other choice. To me, it was obvious that I did not want to have sex, but I'm worried it was my fault because I wasn't assertive enough in telling him no.

When he would kiss me, he would put his hands in my pants. I would tell him to stop, but he would always say “why? it feels good” and keep doing it. In his mind, I was his girlfriend and he could touch me whenever and wherever he wanted. Was it wrong that he would always start fingering me?

My main concern is that I wasn't assertive enough and everything was just a lack of communication. Is this my fault or did he actually do awful things?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ. I really hope this post is just you looking for validation, because yes, he obviously assaulted you. He did **** you specifically asked him not to. You're not to blame for any of this, but it's a lesson that men can be very dirty and that you should stand up for yourself. This guy seems like a womanizer, and a fiend. I can't say this relationship could've survived whether you were assertive or not. **** him.

ReputationRep:
    As a guy myself, I would say it was. Those situations you just described could easily get him in trouble. There's nothing really grey about them (esp 1st and 2nd incident).
    Now don't go about rationalizing this to make it think that it was your fault, you knew how you felt in those moments, so stick with it.

ReputationRep:
    woooow he did that well its not as bad as what i heard about

ReputationRep:
    you diverse some 1 better no 1 should suffer that i would never do that he should not go to jail he should go to heck

ReputationRep:
    i feel bad for u u poor thing

ReputationRep:
    Report him to the police!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    the police will treat you sympathetically; although the physical evidence is no longer there they can still secure a successful prosecution based on your testimony.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Get this **** reported.

Yes, the 2nd incident would've been classed as rape as you didn't give consent.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You should have bailed after the first incident.. Anyone who lacks judgment, respect and the ability to communicate should not be in a relationship - sexual or otherwise.

Definitely report this so that he can understand that his actions have consequences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You were never his equal partner, you were an object he thought he could use whenever he wanted

ReputationRep:
    He raped you, report him to the police.

ReputationRep:
    Report him to the police because this behavior is non consensual and you don't deserve to be treated like this! Nor does any other woman!

ReputationRep:
    Likely rape, and a bunch of sexual assaults.

You don't need to be screaming from the rooftops to communicate that you don't consent. An audible "no" or "stop" is sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    a stranger went into ?? campus and drug rape students before, the ?? still let this evil rapist go back to ?? campus, then ?? campus threaten some victims when they request to stop this rapist went back. Police did nothing to help if 'rape happen in some uni campus.'? This happen in a lot of articles already.

'uni became a rape campus' now..

ReputationRep:
    yes technically it's sexual/assault rape ....so report it if you feel you need to, however i'd be surprised if this actually makes it to the courtroom [assuming he denies it]

ReputationRep:
    Man should respect woman not to 'assault woman.' u should learn some self defence..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pam0901)
    I recently ended my first relationship and the more I look back on it, I think there might have been instances of sexual assault. I'm sorry for the long post but I have a lot of questions because I am not sure if I want to report him.

First incident: He had put his tip in before but I still considered myself a virgin because my hymen hadn't been broken. One night, he began fisting me, then put his tip in again. I told him not to go all the way in because I wasn't ready. When we finished he told me he went all the way in. He told me he had broken the hymen when he was fisting me because there was blood, but he said didn’t tell me because he thought I would tell him to stop. In one of his text messages, he said “but what’ really the difference of an inch? That’s difficult for me to control fully.” Is it wrong that I was angry at him for not telling me until we were done?

Second: One morning, he wanted to have sex but I told him “no” before he even started. We ended up having sex and I told him “stop,” “please stop,” “ouch, that hurts” multiple times and I tried to push away from him because it hurt so badly. It was most painful sex I had ever had and it took numerous times for him to actually listen to me and stop. In text messages, he said he didn't *** and that he stopped after i had said stop "3 or 4 times." Would this be considered rape even though he stopped after I had told him numerous times?

Third: One night in the dorm, I just wanted to lie next to him and cuddle because his roommate was in the room. He tried to touch me and I kept telling no. He eventually stopped. I then feel asleep and woke up to him moving his penis in between my legs. Is this assault because I don't know if he knew I was asleep.

Many times I would tell him “no,” I didn't want to have sex but I would be persuaded or guilted into it. He would beg me to do sexual favors. In many cases, I did sexual favors because I felt I had no other choice. To me, it was obvious that I did not want to have sex, but I'm worried it was my fault because I wasn't assertive enough in telling him no.

When he would kiss me, he would put his hands in my pants. I would tell him to stop, but he would always say “why? it feels good” and keep doing it. In his mind, I was his girlfriend and he could touch me whenever and wherever he wanted. Was it wrong that he would always start fingering me?

My main concern is that I wasn't assertive enough and everything was just a lack of communication. Is this my fault or did he actually do awful things?
    Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He was very persuasive in making me feel like it was my fault. He always said he did nothing wrong and made me feel like I was the weird one in the relationship because I didn't want to have sex 24/7 like he did. He also claims that he was "just pushing my boundaries" in those situations and doesn't think he did anything wrong. This was my first boyfriend and I had no idea how to have a relationship. Any time we would lie down to watch a movie or something, we would always start touching me and wanting sex. This is not how a "normal" relationship works, right?

Yes you should definitely tell the police because it was sexual assault and he can't just get away with it and you should never blame yourself as it is not your fault as you did tell him to stop lots of times and he should have stopped the first time you told him to and I feel sorry had to go through this but you need to tell the police or he could do this to other people

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.