Currently have the flu and have been asked to do a video interview?

Watch
David Williamson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
For the first time in 2 years, I am sick. More specifically I have come down with a bad case of the flu (shivering, headache, etc).

Unfortunately on the day I came down with this I was asked to partake in a video interview for a high profile consultancy and insurance firm, which I have been asked to complete within 3 days (today being day 2).

What is the best course of action here? I could email them asking for an extension on this deadline, but feel that this might look bad on me (in case they doubt the severity of my condition as see it as laziness). I also worry that they might assume that I am often ill (which is certainly not the case) which may also effect my application.

So do I email them and ask to extend this deadline, or do I do the interview whilst ill and risk performing worse in it?
hunch0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’d advice you email and ask to extend the deadline, after all you are actually ill. It’d be better for you to perform at your best, than to mess up the interview knowing it could’ve gone better if you weren’t ill.
hamzaahmad786
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Take allergy tablets, histamines I think is what they are called or something like that.
Worked a charm for me.

Is it a recorded interview, sit back from the camera, keep tissues nearby, warm flannel on your head in between questions.
David Williamson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by hamzaahmad786)
Take allergy tablets, histamines I think is what they are called or something like that.
Worked a charm for me.

Is it a recorded interview, sit back from the camera, keep tissues nearby, warm flannel on your head in between questions.
Thank you for the advice. They were unwilling to extend the deadline, so that's exactly what I did.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (72)
67.92%
I don't have everything I need (34)
32.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed