The Student Room Group

WJEC C3/C4 A2 Maths 2018

Anyone else sitting C3/C4 this year?? I’m honestly so nervous for C4, it’s like I can’t wrap my head around anything!!

I got a B last year, which is okay, not what I wanted but still p good. But I need to smash this year’s to get the grades I want 😬

Scroll to see replies

Im sitting C3, C4 & M1 this year as well. In my mocks, I got 73/75 in C3 & 74/75 in C4. I also got 70/75 in M1.
Hi there, do not worry about what you got last year, as you can certainly improve this year! I have attained an A* in Mathematics at A Level, along with an A in Further Mathematics. The key for C3 and C4 is practising as much as possible with past papers, and identifying areas which you are struggling with. We have a range of expert tutors who have attained A*s in Mathematics and Further Mathematics at A Level, and so our expertise on Mathematics can aid you in your questions! We provide additional 1-1 tutoring online and in person, covering A Level content on Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Mathematics and Further Mathematics, where the tutor can tailor the sessions to your needs with past paper examples and their solutions. We have a range of free resources available on our website, including notes on Biology, Chemistry and Economics and questions by topic and their solutions on Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Dhaval N

Medic Mind Tutor

ACW Best Medical Startup 2017

https://www.medicmind.co.uk/bmat-past-papers-and-resources.html
Not long now........
Reply 4
Original post by Anghdavies
Not long now........

literally 2 days away... not looking forward to it lmao
Original post by heatherb54
literally 2 days away... not looking forward to it lmao

Tell me about it.... Physics this afternoon as well which is terrifying
Reply 6
Really? Good luck my beaut, you’ll smash it I’m sure 💞💖💘 I’m hoping maybe if I pray hard enough, Wednesday will go okay 😂
Lost all my marks on that question
Original post by Kyber Ninja
Q8 made me want to cut myself lol. Lost all my marks on that question

I had 7.5 and 11.25 as my final distances from T.

I didn’t get why to introduce the moduli though. I derived an equation in the form they wanted but without the moduli and then just added them in
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Graphitenexus
I had 7.5 and 11.25 as my final distances from T

I only did parts of it. Found the rest of the paper good though.

what did you get for "t" in parametric diff question? think you were left with xt⁴ + yt² = 1
I only did parts of it. Found the rest of the paper good though.

what did you get for "t" in parametric diff question? think you were left with xt⁴ + yt² = 1

Yeah and then used quadratic formula to find t^2, giving one positive and one negative value. I had t = 1/2 and then ignored the other value as t not real
Yeah and then used quadratic formula to find t^2, giving one positive and one negative value. I had t = 1/2 and then ignored the other value as t not real

I think I had that. What were your numbers? for that question?

Did you get -1/4 for integration?
I think I had that. What were your numbers? for that question?

Did you get -1/4 for integration?

Yeah the integrating to give -a/b. What did you say for why it was negative?
Reply 13
Wtf was that train question guys
Yeah the integrating to give -a/b. What did you say for why it was negative?

No idea. I just put down it was 0.5 - 1 which gives a negative number. That might be the hardest question on the whole paper lol
Reply 15
Nvm I’m gonna fail maths, that’s okay. Welsh bacc will save me
No idea. I just put down it was 0.5 - 1 which gives a negative number. That might be the hardest question on the whole paper lol

I found the roots of cos(whatever it was) and they were π/3 and something else greater than π/2 so I said the limits of the integration were between the roots so the graph would be negative
That modulus question was a bit awkward but do-able! My mistake was leaving it until the end.
I found the roots of cos(whatever it was) and they were π/3 and something else greater than π/2 so I said the limits of the integration were between the roots so the graph would be negative

you integrate cos to get sine first
(edited 5 years ago)

You seem like a maths wiz. Good on you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending