The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Medicine

Hi,

I've completed my GCSEs last year, I achieved 2 A*s, 1 A in Biology, chemistry and Physics. I achieved 9 in Maths, 6 in English Language, B in Business Studies, C in History. Ive been told by my career advisor that I can still get into medicine if I choose universities that have low GCSEs weighting, I've done research on Medic Portal and listed the following universities that I could possibly get into:

Brighton & Sussex
Bristol
Dundee
Exeter
Hull York
Newcastle

Im currently studying A levels Biology, Chemistry and Law. Does anyone have any disagreements regarding the choices of universities that I'm going to apply for this year:

Thanks
HYMS are very heavily GCSE based and most people do not get interviews without having around 5 A*s (from what I've heard anyway) at GCSE. They score you purely on UKCAT and GCSEs prior to interview so I would 100% avoid them
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by JennLousie
HYMS are very heavily GCSE based and most people do not get interviews without having around 5 A*s (from what I've heard anyway) at GCSE. They score you purely on UKCAT and GCSEs prior to interview so I would 100% avoid them

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest