Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people fallout out of love watch

Announcements

One of the main reason is that they were never in love. They might of been attracted to you for many different reasons, but never were in love with you. Love is beyond what people may think of it. Love is about caring, integrity, honesty, and most of all...communication. If these things are not present in a relationship, it is bound to fail. People stay together because they choose too, but not that they are in love.
    I welcome any other thoughts.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One of the main reason is that they were never in love. They might of been attracted to you for many different reasons, but never were in love with you. Love is beyond what people may think of it. Love is about caring, integrity, honesty, and most of all...communication. If these things are not present in a relationship, it is bound to fail. People stay together because they choose too, but not that they are in love.
    I agree, I think the word 'love' is bandied around a lot but people fail to understand what it means through inexperience. An extreme example being 'I've never spoken to this boy but he's been in my class and staring at me for weeks, I love him'.

People experience a lot of passion during the honeymoon period of a relationship then when it's over, they either get comfortable or get bored. Maybe they start arguing over things or find excitement in someone else, and I think it's only if you reach this stage and survive it for a period of time that it's love.

ReputationRep:
    100% agree, having a relationship in this day and age has nothing to do with love unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    You can’t love anyone if you don’t love yourself

ReputationRep:
    they get bored easily and always assume the grass is greener on the other side even though it never is. its a selfishness thing, thats why they always crawl back to their partner when it doesn't work out with the new one.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Maybe it wasnt real love in the first place
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People get bored of familiarity. The longer you possess something, the less you desire it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks and sounds like a no true Scotsman to me.

ReputationRep:
    what bothers me is why do most couples go as far as marriage, only to divorce 1 or 2 years later. It's just pointless (unless it was an arrange marriage or the partner was violoent). Marriage is a big thing (i.e. costs money, preparations, families and people travel miles just to attend) and then act like none of that just happened. 😐😕
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Because Love ain't real

Open your eyes

ReputationRep:
    Another possibility: You learn even more about a person that you no longer trust them.
    Another possibility: You believed you could change the person's faults but that never occurred.
    Another possibility: You've changed priorities/personality/strengths/weaknesses and are no longer compatible.
    Another possibility: They've changed priorities/personality/strengths/weaknesses and are no longer compatible.
    Another possibility: Mental trauma and unwillingness or unable to cope.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    What is Love?
    Baby, don't hurt me.
    Don't hurt me.
    No more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One of the reasons why people fall out of love is because they don't take into account that the person they fell in love with can change as is the case with everyone. Loving someone is about accepting the fact that your partner will change but still wanting to stay with them in spite of that.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.