Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking into places that have a 'quieter lifestyle' and was kinda leaning towards Wessex Hall as it's close to my course's departments. However, I've seen online that it is known as a very community based and lively hall. I don't know whether I would really have a 'quieter lifestyle', and it's quite important to me! I am just wondering whether or not it's a good hall for me... any reviews?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by blinkedkiwi)
    I'm looking into places that have a 'quieter lifestyle' and was kinda leaning towards Wessex Hall as it's close to my course's departments. However, I've seen online that it is known as a very community based and lively hall. I don't know whether I would really have a 'quieter lifestyle', and it's quite important to me! I am just wondering whether or not it's a good hall for me... any reviews?
    Hello

So, when I was in first year I stayed in Bridges Hall (the one next to Wessex). I prefer nights in to going out too, although I was placed in a hall with lots of people who went out it didn't disturb me too much! The rooms are very soundproof and if you have any problems with noise you are able to call security 24/7 who will come and investigate any noise complaints quickly.

You find that it really depends on the people you are with, although Wessex students in general are known to like a party there will be other people in your halls who won't want to go out so much and prefer to stay in. When filling out your request for student accommodation you can opt for being out with other people who prefer quieter lifestyles, so maybe that would be a good idea for you so that you are placed with like minded people!

So I wouldn't really say that there aren't any halls not suited to those who want quieter lifestyles, as you definitely will find like minded people.

Hope this helps, and anymore questions just let us know!

Alice
    Food Science Placement Student

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.